Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
I say pass, spend the money towards handling improvements like a larger front sway bar, tires, suspension. Those are going to be more noticable on a NA Subie over engine bits. Just my two cents.

Really good reading here http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/how-turn-better-than-sti-cheap-10696/, although primarily written for the XT's, the links will tell you a lot, don't forget to read it all (your homework for today):biggrin: You just have to apply (locate) the right parts for a NA Forester.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,462 Posts
UEL headers are nice, not sure about the hp gain, but to keep the heat under control, they need to wrapped with exhaust wrap. To me, this means the pipes must be stainless steel. It's a lot of work for a bit of boxer rumble. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but the boxer rumble sounds so cool:biggrin: I also remember that the exhaust is only as big as the smallest diameter.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My goal is to get a little more power out of the NA. I know how I did it in my Focus, and I turned it into a fun little car. Didn't mess with the suspension other that strut tower braces. The car handled pretty well as it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts