Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black 2010 Forester X, and currently run the stock steelies with 215/70r16 BFG Long Trails. Looking to upgrade to General Grabber AT2s in that same size. I'd really like to match them with white Sparco Terra rims, but I see they are a 50mm offset.
Being as the tire is upsized already, will the higher offset result in too much rubbing, as they'll be pretty close to the front strut base?

I've searched the forums for an answer to this combo, but couldn't find anything definitive for the SH.

Thanks guys.

·
Banned
2013 2.5x auto
268 Posts
Would highly recommend the he oleander a/t-s tires. 50k mileage warranty and great on/off road.
The 235/60/16 run good on my 13x
Good luck

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hadn't considered the Oleanders. Will throw them into the mix. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Premium Member
2012 2.5X 4EAT
908 Posts
Just to clear up some confusion, if there is any, oleander is a flower. Geolandar is a tire.

I'm no expert, but the stock offset is +48, so a +50 offset is only a 2mm difference. Unless you're extremely close to rubbing right now, it seems like it would be fine. But don't take my word for it, wait for someone who knows more.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha thanks for the correction. I actually was confused, as I had never heard of that brand. Typed it in Google and obviously didn't find anything, so just figured it was some Aussie brand or something and moved on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts