Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I'm pretty stupid when it comes to aftermarket parts. I was just browsing through the STi and SPT page and came across some springs, links, and swaybars that look like they are for my car. They are:

ST2033088000 STI Spring, Front

ST2038088000 STI Spring, Rear

B0220FE030 STI Bush Rr Lateral Link (F) In

B0220FE040 STI Bush Rr Lateral Link (R) In

ST2027055000 STI Trailing Link Set

B0310FE000 STI Strut Mount F

B0310FE012 STI Strut Mount (R)

ST205104S000 STI Lower Arm Bar - (sway bar?...HELP)

Now, it says these will fit a 2006 Forester Sports. That's a NA Forester. Does that mean these parts will fit? Will they make a difference? What the hell do they all do (other than the pretty pink springs)? Man I'm slow when it comes to this stuff! Ha!

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Jon

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
Ok, first, you really need to read existing threads! They provide all the information you need right now.

Start here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/how-turn-better-than-sti-cheap-10696/

Second, these parts will fit your car. (I think, didn't look into it very closely)

Third, if you don't know what they do then you don't need them. Why? I feel that you need to figure out what you want types of change you want on your car then figure out what parts fit your needs. Not finding parts then seeing if they might do something you want. Make sense?

I won't go through every part and see what it does then see if that's what you want. What I will help you with is finding out what you want to get out of your car then pointing you towards things that will work.

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, first, you really need to read existing threads! They provide all the information you need right now.

Start here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/how-turn-better-than-sti-cheap-10696/

Second, these parts will fit your car. (I think, didn't look into it very closely)

Third, if you don't know what they do then you don't need them. Why? I feel that you need to figure out what you want types of change you want on your car then figure out what parts fit your needs. Not finding parts then seeing if they might do something you want. Make sense?

I won't go through every part and see what it does then see if that's what you want. What I will help you with is finding out what you want to get out of your car then pointing you towards things that will work.

My fault, I just realized I didn't state that in my first post! Thanks for the honesty!

I'm looking for a better handling/stiffer ride without sacrificing ride height (no lowering). I figured a set of springs and a sway bar might help. I also started with STi parts before venturing out to other companies!

UPDATE: FXTSPORTS - this thread is great! I wonder why i couldn't find it before...knowing me I wasn't looking hand enough!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
It sounds like you want what I have! I have an 08 so everything is exactly the same.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/how-engineer-mods-forester-73132/

Mine ended up 1" down but rides really well. I really like it because the struts and springs are well matched unlike putting stiff springs on stock forester struts or doing STI struts with WRX wagon springs. You will need to make spacers though, nobody sells 2" spacers (yet).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts