Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry if this is a repost.

Does anyone know if SG9 Coilovers (JIC) will fit an SF (1998) US model Forester?

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
Should bolt right in. The only thing you have to be creative with is the brake line brackets. The SF models' brake line brackets are different than on the SGs.

I am curious, did you see something you like on http://www.jdmpartstx.com/ ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The brake brackets are not structural right? Can I have someone cut and weld the existing brackets in the right place?

Yes, I was looking at the JIC's on jdmpartstx.com. I am leaning towards the Megan coilover set. You can't beat those specs and that price with a stick.

dt

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
98ForesterS said:
Thanks for the reply. The brake brackets are not structural right? Can I have someone cut and weld the existing brackets in the right place?

Yes, I was looking at the JIC's on jdmpartstx.com. I am leaning towards the Megan coilover set. You can't beat those specs and that price with a stick.

dt
If you alter the brake brackets the car could fall apart...JK. AFAIK you should be fine but depending on the setup not sure how the weld heat will affect the strut assembly...might want to go w/ a JDM SF setup...I know jdmpartstx.com have some struts available and you can just match up some springs to go w/ them.;)

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
98ForesterS said:

dt
The rear brake line brackets are structural. I helped another member swap takeoffs from an '03 SG into a '98 SF model. We used steel wire ties for the rear because the brackets were different size on the SG and SF. For the front, we sawed the brackets to remove the brake lines. It was the easiest method to remove the brake line out of the brackets unfortunately. We found a piece of metal and used that as a medium to hold the brakeline clip to the SG brake line bracket. It all worked! Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts