Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 XT Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the noob question, I could not find the answer in the stickies..

Will the 06s work or does it have to be the 04 WRXs????

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
06s will work too... on an SG, pretty much any Newage (bugeye, blobeye and Hawkeye) WRX strut will bolt up. I've just fitted 07 WRX struts to mine with no problem.

The only issue that you may have is that because you are using wagon struts, the rear camber will be slightly decreased (more negative) IIRC. I don't think it would cause an issue though and you can always get rear camber adjustment bolts if you're bothered.

Wagon rear springs are better match to a Forester though - saloon ones sag a bit.

·
Registered
2009 XT Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06s will work too... on an SG, pretty much any Newage (bugeye, blobeye and Hawkeye) WRX strut will bolt up. I've just fitted 07 WRX struts to mine with no problem.

The only issue that you may have is that because you are using wagon struts, the rear camber will be slightly decreased (more negative) IIRC. I don't think it would cause an issue though and you can always get rear camber adjustment bolts if you're bothered.

Wagon rear springs are better match to a Forester though - saloon ones sag a bit.
I really appreciate it, that works. Cheers..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts