Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 XT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cobb turboback from my 04 wrx. I was wondering if it would fit fine on 04 XT or will the hangers not line up or will the exhaust be too long or short etc?

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
It will fit, the tip might sit a bit behind the bumper and you'll need to find a longer hanger or two too drop the tip down.

·
Registered
2004 XT 5 MT
1,109 Posts
Ttt

Ttt
I have this same question how short is The cobb? I currently have the sti Cbe and it's a bit short but not bad any thoughts. Is the Cobb shorter than the sti?

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5xt Manual
40 Posts
It pokes out plenty enough to not burn anything. I am upgrading from the flimsy autozone hangers though and going with a xl kartboy ones. Oh dont forget to reuse the spring bolts. My downpipe broke after the cat because i used solid bolts with the stock downpipe. Also my trans mount is done which allowed twisting of the exhaust causing the break.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD
4,694 Posts
I almost want to say no it wont, because i pieced an STI specific turbo-back togather for my car and it came up a foot short.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD
4,694 Posts
Ive got pics in my build thread of it. Had to have 12" of piping welded on to make it work correctly

-Crucial Racing DP
-TurboXS midpipe (extended 12 inchs)
-SPT axleback.

FIts like a glove now though. I was told the 08+ downpipes are longer and would make it closer to your claim of 2-3 inchs off, and not having to have it extended.

·
Registered
2004 XT 5 MT
1,109 Posts
good feedback

Ive got pics in my build thread of it. Had to have 12" of piping welded on to make it work correctly

-Crucial Racing DP
-TurboXS midpipe (extended 12 inchs)
-SPT axleback.

FIts like a glove now though. I was told the 08+ downpipes are longer and would make it closer to your claim of 2-3 inchs off, and not having to have it extended.
your forester looks to be a different body style then mine in the pic so maybe thats why?

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
TurboXS midpipe
This was your problem. You really needed the TurboXS catback adapter as well. Their midpipe was not OEM length and could only be used with their catback adapter. Effectively that is what you made with your 12" extension.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts