Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at all-terrain tires for a 2020. The stock tire that came with mine is 225/60R17. I like the Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires that I've had on other vehicles, and I'd like to put them on my Forester.
The closest size is 235/60/17. This is less than half an inch wider. Will this have any negative impact? Will it rub anywhere? With all these electronics and sensors is something not going to calculate right? I never had all these bells and whistles so I need to ask.
I know in the jeeps and trucks I had If I changed tire size and didn't the speedometer was inaccurate and the transmission shifted up/down at weird times unless you had the cars computer changed to reflect the new tire size.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Manual
182 Posts
2004 Fxt
17x7.5
+48
Sparco terra

What size off road tire can I run with stock suspension.

I can install a lift kit if need be..

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Touring 5SPD
46 Posts
I have a set of tires that are being offered to me but I’m unsure if they will fit without any modifications

I’m currently running stock 17” and this is the size of tire being offered to me.

225/65R17 102H

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Touring 5SPD
46 Posts
I have a set of tires that are being offered to me but I’m unsure if they will fit without any modifications

I’m currently running stock 17” and this is the size of tire being offered to me.

225/65R17 102H

Thanks in advance
should add those stock tires are
225/55/R17

·
Registered
2012 forester
12 Posts
2012 Forester - ADF lift 1" front 1-3/8" rear, any thoughts on Falcen Wildpeak 215/65/17 stock wheels. Currently have 225/60/17 Nokian's (before lift, no problems) so the Falkens would be a bit taller but narrower, as per Tire Size Compare Chart. Thanks for any thoughts / experience / info!! Harry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Standard 2008 Forester XC, looking to do a 1" lift and go up to 215/65/16 all terrain tyres..will this work?

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT
1 Posts
2016 Forester XT Touring

Looking for 15 inch wheels (MR502, MR701) that will clear stock brakes

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 JDM Cross Sports
79 Posts
Hi guys! First post since the update!! So I'm still running (and loving) my standard JDM 2003 Cross Sports turbo, but the tread on the stock (215/55 x 16") tyres is close to the legal limit, so I'm in the market for some replacements. I then started looking at replacing the stock (16" x 6.5" with +48 offset) Subaru/Enkei wheels with something else and have just found a couple of sets of Prodrive/Bridgestone wheel and tyre sets for sale locally. Both have the same +48mm offset and 215/45 x 17" tyres but one set of rims are 7" and the other 7.5". From reading posts on here, I'm fairly sure they'll fit but my concerns are firstly, whether the larger diameter rims/lower profile tyres will make much of a difference to the handling of the car and secondly, whether going for a slightly wider rim will cause any problems? Apologies in advance if these questions have been answered elsewhere. Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 JDM Cross Sports
79 Posts
Thanks Kevin! Hadn't seen that one before. It looks like the 45 profile tyres would reduce the overall diameter by just under an inch, whereas a 50 profile (on 17" rims) would be about the same as the 55 profile/16" rims that I'm running now. Interesting stuff!

Any thoughts on the increased rim width (from 6.5 to 7 or 7.5)? I've read about creating an increased load on stock suspension parts, so that's what's concerning me most about going wider.

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X 5MT
276 Posts
I have a 2003 2.5X (5MT) and need to know if I can run 225/60-16 in the front without rubbing the strut. I can roll the fenders a bit if need be. Stock tire is 215/60-16, and 215/65-16 runs fine - and that's what I have been on. Spedo is near dead nuts spot on to GPS speed with the slightly taller profile - and there's not a big increase in roll - but I can get a set of decent 225-60/16's and DO like having a bit more contact and lower profile.

I seem to recall that there is a slight interference with the strut though - which is why I opted for the 216/65-16's last time.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium
22 Posts
Thinking of going to 225/65-17 Wildpeak Trails on my 19 Forester stock suspension. I've seen a lot of posts where people say this size fits, but looking for more detailed info. What about rub when driving offload, with decent load etc. Tough decision for me. Thanks for any input!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts