Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited Auto
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a company currently developing a lunchbox locker for the R160 rear diff. Assuming that it fits in my '09 auto, which I'm still not sure of, do you know if there would be a benefit since my 4EAT already has a system to apply the brakes to slipping wheels? For anyone else interested, the company is Torq Masters and they are saying it will be available to buy this Spring.

·
Administrator
17,350 Posts
It depends on the type of offroading you want to undertake.

A rear diff locker is an advantage and there are I believe 3 x R180 conversions with lockers down-under. Several shops here have looked at developing an R160 version but it was just too difficult so I wouldn't count on anything until you have it in your hands!

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited Auto
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Kevin After doing some more research it looks like all Subarus starting in '09 were equipped with VDC which essentially acts like locking diffs by controlling the brakes at each corner independently. I like to go on some pretty rough terrain so getting maximum traction off road is important, but so far I haven't had any issues so I guess I should just leave it alone and be happy that Subaru knows what they're doing. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts