Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester sports xt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an '07 xt a/t and am wondering if adding an aftermarket intake will void my warranty? Any help would be appreciated...I want a little more pwer but don't want to risk voiding the extended warrantly I continue to pay for.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Depending on the dealership you deal with, odds are yes.
When modifying any car with remaining warranty coverage, you always run the risk of having a specific portion of your warranty voided because of a modification. Even if you were to install the SPT intake (factory performance part) there is a good chance that your dealership will argue it wasn't meant for that vehicle, even if they installed it.

·
Registered
2007 forester sports xt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Was considering an SPT intake and exhaust...don't need a ridculous amount of more power...as the car is easily "fast" just a little more go...
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
^ To that end, be sure the SPT intake and exhaust are specific for your vehicle model:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f87/2009-forester-xt-w-spt-exhaust-video-40883/index4.html

Like the two members above, I will simply say that yes, the MM Act here in the States is supposed to protect the consumer. But the harsh reality of the situation is that if you perform any modifications, you are, at the least, at the mercy of your chosen dealership/service-department, based on their inclinations and perceptions.

Just look at what I cited - it played out exactly as Duderotomy cautioned, as the last sentence of his post.

You want to play?

You've gotta pay. :smile:

Also, along with what pleiad7 wrote above, look at the following Car and Driver article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...making_more_power_in_your_subaru_wrx-gear_box

Interesting results, pairing the intake with the exhaust, no?

And don't assume, automatically, that a "SPT" branded part is better/best - or that it's safe.

Look at the old data on the LegacyGT.com Forums, regarding the MAF-misbehavior of the SPT intake for the BL/BP-platform.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts