Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Forester and currently have 235/50R18 tires on it. I was wondering if anyone out there Knew if a 245/45R18 would fit in the car without any suspension changes and would also have no rubbing with 5 adults riding in it to go to the mountains. thanks

Here are some pics of the forester with my wheels on it:

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
When I was looking for some superleggeras a guy offered me some of the 3 piece 19" ones for $900. If I had an SH I would have jumped at that deal. Those wheels are $600+ a piece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
plz wrx1
What is the size of your car tires
and does it rubing the fenders when u r offroading??
plz answer befor i buy them
and thx ay way

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,194 Posts
plz wrx1
What is the size of your car tires
and does it rubing the fenders when u r offroading??
plz answer befor i buy them
and thx ay way

looks like he hasnt been on here since 2013, so it may be a while.

for reference, id imagine the size is 245/45-18, since pics were requested, and he submitted that and said fit fine.

theres quite a few on here that run that size on stock susp, little lower, lot lower, etc. heres one from an active member as a start.http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/silver-bullet-311674/

and welcome!!!

·
Registered
SH9 GF8
26 Posts
looks like he hasnt been on here since 2013, so it may be a while.

for reference, id imagine the size is 245/45-18, since pics were requested, and he submitted that and said fit fine.

theres quite a few on here that run that size on stock susp, little lower, lot lower, etc. heres one from an active member as a start.http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/silver-bullet-311674/

and welcome!!!
Sorry to bump this very old thread but I'm currently looking at some 245/45/18's on my SH9. It's lowered on coilovers (quite low, as in almost tucking a 225/45/18 tyre in the rear).
The wheels are 18 x 8.5 +44. Is anyone running a similar setup that can confirm fitment? I've been googling my *** off but can only find guys with stock height Foresters.

I'm worried they're going to rub on the guards but these are my preferred size as they keep the speedo accurate and they are somehow ~$50 cheaper per tyre than other sizes in that range!

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,194 Posts
Sorry to bump this very old thread but I'm currently looking at some 245/45/18's on my SH9. It's lowered on coilovers (quite low, as in almost tucking a 225/45/18 tyre in the rear).
The wheels are 18 x 8.5 +44. Is anyone running a similar setup that can confirm fitment? I've been googling my *** off but can only find guys with stock height Foresters.

I'm worried they're going to rub on the guards but these are my preferred size as they keep the speedo accurate and they are somehow ~$50 cheaper per tyre than other sizes in that range!
just how low are you? any wheel center cap to fender measurements? or even pics?
id assume your be fine, esp with coilovers...being adjustable.

·
Registered
SH9 GF8
26 Posts
Yeah I guess you're right, if they scrubbed that badly I could just raise it back up a bit I guess but I'd really like to leave it where it is if possible.

Measuring from the centre of the hub up to the wheel arch I'm at roughly:
Front - 360mm
Rear - 350mm

The wheel/tyre combo in that pic is 225/45/18 with 18 x 8.5 +44. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,194 Posts
A: looks good!
B: gonna be close (if theres no adjustment). my measurements are a little less then yours...but i think ull still fall "inside" the fenders when susp is compressed. even with the roughly 1/4" loss of real estate in your tire to fender gap there with the 245s.

·
Registered
SH9 GF8
26 Posts
Thanks man, yours looks awesome too :)

I'm reading so many conflicting posts I have no idea what to do but I'm almost at the point where I am just going to buy the 245's and be done with it!!

·
Registered
SH9 GF8
26 Posts
Figured I'd update this for anyone else in the same position as me.

I parked with 1 tyre up on the kerb last night to compress the suspension and get a better idea of how much room I have an I'm now very confident a 245/45/18 will fit in the rear with +44 offset.

Pic:

The front is a little tighter however I can add some neg camber in here and if need be I might roll the lip of the guard slightly. Either way the front has a lot more adjustability so I'm not too concerned. I'm just really keen to get rid of these rubbish tyres that are on the car.

·
Registered
09 Fozzy XT 4 Hungry aka 4EAT
2,126 Posts
Yeah I guess you're right, if they scrubbed that badly I could just raise it back up a bit I guess but I'd really like to leave it where it is if possible.

Measuring from the centre of the hub up to the wheel arch I'm at roughly:
Front - 360mm
Rear - 350mm

The wheel/tyre combo in that pic is 225/45/18 with 18 x 8.5 +44. What do you think?

OT: Hot Profile!! Any frontal pictures and/or info on the bar?

·
Registered
SH9 GF8
26 Posts
Ok just updating this for anyone in the future. The 245/45/18 fits perfectly in the rear. When compressed there's room for 1 finger to squeeze in between the guard and the tyre.
I haven't been able to compress the front that far but it looks as though it might scrub in extreme conditions (full lock in a pot hole or something), but so far I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
2009 FXT 6MT
24 Posts
Well I got some 18x8.5 wheels, ET35 with 245/45 tires and I think I'm gonna rub at the back.
Running WRX suspension with almost an inch of spacers at the back, probably need to lift it a bit more. Looks good sitting there though :grin2:

Pic during test fit

1 - 20 of 29 Posts