Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to pick up a new 06 FXT. I am not a big fan of the new tail lights. Will the previous gen tail lights fit? Any other options? Thank you oin advance.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
i just made a trade about a month ago, yes they are a direct swap. i now have 05 tails on my 06 fxpp

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
yes..all the connectors are interchangeable.. like for the back up whites, the breaking tails.. the yellow signals.. i believe the connectors were all specifically fitted to each other.. so it minimizes the mix up. so yes, no mods or wire splicing whatsover needed. good luck.. hopefully you can find a person in your area to swap with.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
the wiring harnesses are a bit different from 05 to 06. The 06 setup appears to use a connector, whereas the 05's seem to be hardwired (i could be worng on this...i didnt really investigate it closely). How the wiring is grouped is definitely different, as the bulbs are in different locations. Simple to rearrange.

regards,

_D

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
i'm not a DIY expert.. but really.. it was a easy swap and reconnection. I had mine installed in minutes. The difference was.. the 06 assembly, looked to be "hardwired", but it wasn't. the wires were just better routed and packed along the housing. I remember there being a little metal clip u must undo on the 06, to loosen the wiring.. but it was not big deal. in the end.. the connectors all matched up, and the taillights are working fine. hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts