Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife purchased our first Subaru (2014 Forester Touring) late last month. She decided that she wanted a 4WD / AWD vehicle after she got stuck in her 2011 Honda CR-V (FWD) earlier this year in a rare snowstorm...she made it to within 1/4 mile of the house, but then had to hoof it the rest of the way. I arrived a little later and was able to tow it back home with our '08 4Runner (great vehicle BTW). She was NOT a happy trekker!

Anyway she looked at the AWD CR-V and the AWD Rav-4; then I told her that I had heard some very good things about Subaru and so she started to look into them as well. She found out that she could get all the bells & whistles that she wanted in a car that is purported to get her pretty much anywhere she needs to go in just about any kind of weather that we would see here in NE TN by going with a Subaru Forester Touring.

Well so far so good. We both like the vehicle despite a "lack of refinement" in her words - I like it a lot because it just feels much sturdier and rides much quieter than the CR-V. I am anxious to get it off-road, once she grants me permission - I know, I could just pull rank as her husband, but afterall she is paying for the car, so I'll be gracious an allow her some say over its use ;0)

One thing we came across with the Harman-Kardon sound system (Bluetooth & Nav): sometimes when one of our iPhones is connected, we lose the "search" function that allows us to select playlists, albums, artist, etc. This has happened only a couple of times in the last 10 days and we have not been able to see a pattern. If we disconnect and reconnect the iPhone, all the functions come up and work just fine. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what's deal? Is there some setting we're missing? Appreciate any pointers.

Finally, any suggestions on "breaking in" the vehicle properly?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,136 Posts
Finally, any suggestions on "breaking in" the vehicle properly?
Welcome to the forum.

For break in, basically for the first 1000 miles don't use cruise control. You want to continuously vary the engine's RPMs, including during highway driving. Brakes and tires should break in like any other set of brakes and tires. For other items check out the owner's manual. Otherwise just enjoy driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts