Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a drag that we don't have the old database to search first, but not having it helps justify dumb open-ended questions...like this one.

I recall that a few folks were running wider tires on 17" wheels. Dadscruizzer had mentioned that he was running a 245/45/17 combo for auto-x use for instance. He had turned-me on to the miata tire size calculator web site http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html , and I quickly confirmed his comments that the 235/50/17 and the 245/45/17 tires are a very close match to the stock 215/60/16. These wider tires really need an 8" rim optimally, but a 7.5 would work in pinch. Either way these sizes are both readily available in 17" wheel in an et48.

As I mentioned, Dadscruizzer is running this option for auto-x so I know it can be done, but just wondering iff anyone is using a similar rim/tire combo for daily duty?? :?:

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Snowman! I couldn't remember who it was that had this set-up, but knew someone was doing it. I have been contemplating going the same route, and had been eyeing the Rota's specifically. Being 8" wheels with the right off-set I figured would make this workable, but until someone trys it, its a leap of faith (an expensive leap of faith at that!).

Anyway thanks for confirming this, I am sure that a number of folks will be interested. On a similar note do you know if the 8" Rotas will clear most brake upgrades?

Thanks again!

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts