Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi would like to know wich spring is lower OEM WRX or pink or Swift?, i will be doing a swap suspension on my 2001 SF forester.
Where i can get the spacers for the back, and wich ones.

Thanks,
Damian

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
which pink? and which swift?

i'm assuming forester jdm pinks, forester swifts, and oem wrx.
if that's the case, in order from tallest to lowest is pinks, swifts, and then oem wrx.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes guys that was the question, thanks. now where i can purchase a set of Pinks for 2001 Forester?, thanks again.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw Pinks and Swift, but they are for 04 and up XT forester, this will fit my 2001 forester?, thanks.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
i believe you would have to switch to the 04-08 type suspension, meaning the struts and tophats too. you should be able to find a cheap set of used SG forester suspension on here. after that, just assemble and it bolts right in.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its kind of complicated, next question, i have a set of WRX struts spring, i can use this struts top hats + pinks or swifts?, thanks.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
if you have the wrx struts, springs, and tophat, i recommend you just use those or swap the spring with the wrx specific swifts or spt wrx springs. do NOT put forester springs on the wrx struts.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The plan is to use WRX struts with Swift FXT. I read that the Swift improve a lot the handling, even better than the Pinks.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Why mismatch struts and springs? If you're getting WRX struts, get the WRX specific Swifts with them. Forester Swifts were designed specifically to work with the stock struts.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why mismatch struts and springs? If you're getting WRX struts, get the WRX specific Swifts with them. Forester Swifts were designed specifically to work with the stock struts.
You are right, i said that because i have a set of struts/springs from a WRX, and because i dont want to go that low i will be using a set of SWIFT instead, and now with all of the good advice i am geting here i will go with a set of struts for Forester, thank you very much guys for help me clarify all of that info, and save me a lot of time and money in wrong parts.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
64 Posts
You are right, i said that because i have a set of struts/springs from a WRX, and because i dont want to go that low i will be using a set of SWIFT instead, and now with all of the good advice i am geting here i will go with a set of struts for Forester, thank you very much guys for help me clarify all of that info, and save me a lot of time and money in wrong parts.
Are you selling your 04-08 wrx struts and springs and top hats?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts