Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out today, just got my Forester back last tuesday from the body shop so I was taking a bit of a joy ride. Decided to hike an area known as "top of the world". So I park at a farm stand and take my 30 min hike to the top of this cliff. Lots off off road trails in the area. Once I reach the top I savor the veiw and decide to teeder on the edge of the cliff. I see an old bronco and ancient wrangle that had been pushed off the cliff some time ago. I take a closer look and spot another mangled but shiney looking wreck. From the top it looked like a newer dodge ram. So I hike down the backside of the mountain and swing around to the base of the cliffs. I see the two older trucks, one being a jeep. Then i see the newer one, partialy stripped laying on its side. Got a vin and later ran it on my computer.

Turns out to be a 2005 Dodge Ram. My question is why the hell would you push a nice truck off a cliff? It looked like it been there since the summer, bot not to much longer than that. Only rust on where it smashed against boulders and it was light surface rust. Dash was stripped apart and seats were gone, rear drive shaft gone, radiator and tranny cooler gone. The rest of the truck I found scatted on the cliff base.

So whats up with that?

Sorry for the pic quality, took them on my cell.

Attachments

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Take a UV light and see if there is a blood trail leading into a nearby shack in a remote area with a corpse in it....

lol

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Stolen? perhaps. Or maybe they drove off the cliff and left it. Or maybe they were high on methamphetamine and had no idea what they were doing? Or maybe it was a silly college prank gone bad.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted the vin in the last pic. If somebody wants to run it be my guest.

Too bad, it did look like it was a nice truck.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
On a serious note, you may want to inquire with the local PD regarding this.

In 2004, Santa Cruz PD found our classmate dead in her car along with another car and its dead driver off a cliffside because a hiker spotted a wreck from an opposing hillside. Apparently, they had been in a head-on collision that caused both vehicles to veer off the cliffside.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are some real muddy and tought steep roads you have to dribe on to get to the cliff top. Only a built 4x4 can get up there so I safley assume the truck was running and in 4wd to get up to the top. And I mean steap like you can roll over backwards steep. I was wore out just hiking it and I was almost on all fours before I hit the top.. So maybe someone got to the top and forgot to put it in park???

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5-speed MT
78 Posts
Hi Nick D, I noticed you're from Feeding Hills ... where exactly is this trail and cliff? I'm in California, but I'm curious 'cause my wife's from Agawam. PM me if you'd rather not post it.

-dman

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
East Mountain. Access in Westfield/Holyoke line near Hampton Ponds Plaza. Close to intersection of Rt 202 and East Mountain rd.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
602 Posts
Insurance fraud...they report it stolen and either pocket the $$$ or use the cash to pay off the lien...gets them out of a jam.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Insurance fraud...they report it stolen and either pocket the $$$ or use the cash to pay off the lien...gets them out of a jam.
or insurance fraud..... That might be it..
You know I actually had a car stolen and the police told the insurance folks they thought it might be fraud... I tell ya...:shrug::icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
bing maps bird's eye view. i think i found your wrecks, but it's not high enough resolution to confirm.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts