Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
The two most often asked questions by Subaru owners are the green connectors (leave them unplugged) and why won't my parking lights turn off (switch on top of the steering column).

Fortunately forums like this help answer this question (over and over again!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
So that's what it is . . .

I just finished running the wiring for AEM AFR gauge and Oil Pressure gauge and came across these connectors. I wondered what they were for. Thank goodness I left them alone. Thanks for the info!
Kerry

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought a 2012 subaru forester with the CEL already blinking/flashing, fans and relay turns on and off when the ignition is turned to ON position. On the 2012 forester this green connector with one wire is located behind the plastic kick panel driver side remove the plastic screw and look inside there, i disconnected that green connector no more CEL blinking/flashing, fans stop so as the relay clicking. Thank you everyone sharing this information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 forester geen connector

Yes that green connector with one wire was plugged in when i bought it, i had discussed to the seller many times to fix and clear that flashing CEL but there is no code he said. it took me a while to find it until i saw a post a 2010 forester shows the green connector location. i took my 2012 forester to advance auto today and have it rescanned now it shows no DTC. i would like to attached a picture of the scanned screen that shows no codes found if you can please show me how to attach the pictures but before i disconnected that green connector there were multiple codes P1518, P0700, P0140, P1153, P1152, P0851 all those codes i mentioned were cleared... thanks

Note the green connector connection just to show how it was connected i did not pushed in all the way when i took the picture because i had a hard time disconnecting it.

Attachments

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
61 Participants
RForester
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing