Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the autodimming rear view mirror with compass. at some point in time part of the top half of the letters stopped lighting up and the bottom half was dim. I don't know when this occured, I just noticed it a month or two ago. Today I was working under the hood and had the battery disconnedted for about 2 hours. When took the car for a drive after I was done I noticed the compass was lit up like it should be.
WHAT COULD HAVE CAUSED IT TO FIX ITSELF??

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
I have the autodimming rear view mirror with compass. at some point in time part of the top half of the letters stopped lighting up and the bottom half was dim. I don't know when this occured, I just noticed it a month or two ago. Today I was working under the hood and had the battery disconnedted for about 2 hours. When took the car for a drive after I was done I noticed the compass was lit up like it should be.
WHAT COULD HAVE CAUSED IT TO FIX ITSELF??
:lol: Prolly just the cold froze up stuff and when you reset it got better lol.

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Extreme heat can affect those kind of displays IME. My last car (2007 Honda Civic) got real hot inside here in South Florida, and the brilliant design put the display under the direct sunlight. In the summer, the top half of the letters would be very tough to read, and would get better when it cooled down in the cabin.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: It is no longer fixed, the display went dim again when my girlfriend and I got in the car this morning to go to work. I was not thrilled about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts