Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sambar's here? Just found out about them. They are pretty cool...

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
1,066 Posts
or suzuki jimny, better looking ford vehicles and more option of diesel vehicles..

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah just saw the jimney.. trippy.
Why can't we get that stuff and since i'm on the subject.. why no Forester STi's?

:(

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,157 Posts
I'm ignorant. From the name I thought it was some kind of snack food. Like why we in the US have to go to Canada to get Smarties.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw that place.. Only for Canada :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Subaru Exiga please. In middle school I always wanted a Honda Odyssey. I recently found out about the Subaru Exiga. Seriously, the Exiga needs more attention because I don't necessarily like the styling of the Subaru Tribeca.

7-passenger vehicle from Subaru (that isn't the Tribeca) please! Nothing against the Tribeca though.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
I have only one thing to say, and I'm sure you all know exactly what it is.

SUBARU FORESTER LOW RANGE!!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have only one thing to say, and I'm sure you all know exactly what it is.

SUBARU FORESTER LOW RANGE!!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:
i'm confused.. sorry

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
The Australians get a dual range transfer case in their Foresters from the factory. This gives the Forester low range like a true 4x4.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no way.., See perfect example.. why don't we get that stuff. :(

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Sambar's here? Just found out about them. They are pretty cool...
Have you ever seen a kei car in person? They are very, very small. Like, smaller than an A segment vehicle like the smart ForTwo or Ford Ka.

I've noticed it seems to be the trend for colleges and large industrial parks and even farms to use vehicles like Daihatsu Hijets for general grounds maintenance or light farm work, but they of course can't be driven on public roads.

To answer your question, they really don't have a place in the U.S... they are very cool though. But our road networks don't even lend well to A segment cars.

Take the smart ForTwo as an example, as it's the only A segment car currently on sale in the US. If used in very dense urban areas, like NYC, it makes for a good vehicle because it is easy to maneuver and park. But an easy 90% of it's U.S. owners probably don't even live in congested areas, they seem to be older people who buy it as a toy. Because for everywhere else in the U.S., when you factor in that the smart's U.S. model is saddled with like the worst engine and transmission choices possible out of all the choices offered overseas, you end up with a tiny donkey car that can only hold two people minimal cargo, and for similar price, you can buy a Honda Fit, or soon to be Ford Fiesta (yay!) or Mazda2 (yay again!) or even Chevy Aveo, and get probably similar or better gas mileage, with the ability to haul 5 people.

But yes, I wish we somehow could have kei cars here. I would totally rock a Suzuki Alto Works RS-X :D

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you ever seen a kei car in person? They are very, very small. Like, smaller than an A segment vehicle like the smart ForTwo or Ford Ka.

I've noticed it seems to be the trend for colleges and large industrial parks and even farms to use vehicles like Daihatsu Hijets for general grounds maintenance or light farm work, but they of course can't be driven on public roads.

To answer your question, they really don't have a place in the U.S... they are very cool though. But our road networks don't even lend well to A segment cars.

Take the smart ForTwo as an example, as it's the only A segment car currently on sale in the US. If used in very dense urban areas, like NYC, it makes for a good vehicle because it is easy to maneuver and park. But an easy 90% of it's U.S. owners probably don't even live in congested areas, they seem to be older people who buy it as a toy. Because for everywhere else in the U.S., when you factor in that the smart's U.S. model is saddled with like the worst engine and transmission choices possible out of all the choices offered overseas, you end up with a tiny donkey car that can only hold two people minimal cargo, and for similar price, you can buy a Honda Fit, or soon to be Ford Fiesta (yay!) or Mazda2 (yay again!) or even Chevy Aveo, and get probably similar or better gas mileage, with the ability to haul 5 people.

But yes, I wish we somehow could have kei cars here. I would totally rock a Suzuki Alto Works RS-X :D
Makes sensie...
Well at least bring the FXTi here. I can hold off on the kei car.

·
Registered
176 Posts

6:14​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ2CzpCWl6g

1 - 16 of 16 Posts