Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my VF48 today, looking at the wheel on the exhaust side it looks like its there's metal flaked off.

At first I was a bit concerned but after doing a quick search I see other VF48's look the same way like this one below. So, why did they make it look like that ?

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear thanks ! Don't know jack about turbos so I was wondering if it was damaged.

Very last one isn't mine but mine does have some oil residue on the blades. Since its not off my car does it matter ? This one has about 10,000 miles on it IIRC.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^

I've been collected parts over time and the last piece was the turbo. I was going to wait but decided to do it all for this summer.

- Already have 3 inch catback exhaust
- Cobb DP
- 08 STI TMIC
- VF48
- Protune @ Tonik

We'll have very simular mods, would be interesting to see how different they feel. There's always one day in the summer the local Subie guys hit the 1/4 track @ Luskville. I went last year and will go again this year just to see what difference the mods made. You should come !

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
Nice!!
I`d definitely be up for the 1/4 track event!
Are you going to do all the work yourself?

^^

I've been collected parts over time and the last piece was the turbo. I was going to wait but decided to do it all for this summer.

- Cobb DP
- 08 STI TMIC
- VF48
- Protune @ Tonik

We'll have very simular mods, would be interesting to see how different they feel. There's always one day in the summer the local Subie guys hit the 1/4 track @ Luskville. I went last year and will go again this year just to see what difference the mods made. You should come !

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
I see there are others poised to take my honour of quickest Forester in Ontario...
looks like I may have to step up my game this spring and work on my ET's.
Right on! :icon_biggrin:

Looking forward to see your (additional) mods!
Hopefully you can get them done in time for the 1/4 track day in Stittsville and you can join us so that we can see who holds the official title!
:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would be nice to make a few passes down the 1/4 against a nearly identical setup. As for the work, I may / may not DIY. I dont know how to do it but Rock does , not that its supposed to be difficult to install a turbo/dp.

I love friendly competiton..
We'll have the same overall setup minus the CAI. I have the big parts, what are all the small parts I'll have to get to make this work ? Only extra I have is the OEM gasket for the Cobb DP. Can I reuse all my hoses ?

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,265 Posts
^^

- Cobb DP
- 08 STI TMIC
- VF48
- Protune @ Tonik

you need the extra extension bracket above the turbo for the 08 tmic.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right on! :icon_biggrin:

Looking forward to see your (additional) mods!
Hopefully you can get them done in time for the 1/4 track day in Stittsville and you can join us so that we can see who holds the official title!
:biggrin:

I'd love to see three modded Foresters doing some 1/4 mile runs at the same time.

Duderotomy / Tuned200, what are you best times and what RPM do you launch at ?

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
You've been driving your car on stock power for a long time. You will LOVE the transformation with this turbo. The car will be fast.

Installation is fairly easy and doing it yourself is very satisfying once it's done. Then again, nothing wrong with having someone experienced whom you can trust do the install, it may save you some pain.

Stan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts