Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so. last night i went to the Tristate Tuners Thursday Night Garage Meet in woodbury, nj. nice meet, lots of nice cars and all blahblablha. driving in all i hear are comments from idiots in hondas like "oh haha look. its a forester. no its an sti. idiot." why do people have to say stuff? im sorry im not into your 1.5L SOHC automatic civic thats painted hot pink. but at least i respect it because thats what you like.

all in all. i need a bigger turbo to shut these people up. on the track of course.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Well the first night I had my recently VF43'd FSXT out to a local cruise night... I stood back and watched as people walked around, checked it out and repeated said "STi? psh... poser!"
I later saw that they were driving a riced Cavalier and the other guy had a V6 Camaro... fail! :lol:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
all in all. i need a bigger turbo to shut these people up. on the track of course.
I guess I don't get it... what would that bigger turbo do to change the minds of some ignorant idiot ricers? You're already faster than they will ever be, even with the stock turbo. The problem is that you went to a "tuner" meet, i.e. rice central. Do those comments really bother you enough for you to feel like you have to prove yourself to these guys? I'd just give them the thumbs up and chuckle quietly at their rides. :crazy:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,008 Posts
Your fundamental error is in the title of your post.
There is no question about...People SUCK!
Now that you have that straight, it will be easier to identify the exceptions to the rule.
Then you can ask: Why don't less people suck?....

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Go to the track, get a time slip, and then tape it to your windshield during the next event. Or bring along an autocross trophy. And then include a couple photos of your Forester tearing it up in the slop. At that point it becomes 'put up or shut up'.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,185 Posts
Sucks you don't live closer, i'd say shoot me a PM next time and i'll go with you with my dyno sheet taped to the windsheild, and i'll also make sure i show up with a tailgate full of gear and a thick coating of mud.

Then we can tell them our foresters go faster, haul better, off road better, tow better, and attract less tickets then their gawdy rice rocket. And to really rub it in i'll be sure to mention that it's funny the 2L bottle of mountain dew i'll be drinking contains more displacement then their 1.8L vtec.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
screw the ricers! I get crap from the dubbers now too that I have defected back to Subie land. I don't care, I am not trying to win a popularity contest.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
LOL. I love going to my local "tuner" meets at the Sonic by the mall. Mostly just a bunch of high-school punks with Civics and Integras with Autozone accessories, mis-matched body kits, lots of primer and fart-can mufflers galore. My method of choice is to show up right after I've been mud-bogging so the car is completely covered in mud. I park, order some food and watch as these little boy-racers try to figure out *** it is. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
2 Posts
Don't worry so much about what they think. If you want to make nice with that crowd, go to the dollar store and buy sheets of stickers to hand out to them. Not only will you help them decorate their cars, but the stickers will make them go faster too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts