Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS MY05
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Foz serviced after taking it on a long trip around Australia which included a few decent river & creek crossings (the one in the pic was on the Gibb River Rd in the Kimberley). Lucky I got the mechanic to check it the diff oil as it had the colour and consistency of thick hot chocolate! It's still running fine and the diffs aren't at all noisy so no real harm done, but I'll be putting breathers on those bad boys before getting them wet again!

Other than that though the foz performed flawlessly, 23000km with maybe 2000km of that off the tarmac, and the only parts that needed replacing were one tyre (shredded on the sharp stony roads in Karajini national park), a tie rod that I bent after reversing into a tree stump (my fault, not the car's!) and one of the catalytic converters. Not bad for a car with over 130,000km on it!

Did manage to put a 10cm crack in my Subaxtreme alloy sump guard though, god knows what it would have done to the stock plastic guard!

·
Registered
2002 Forester XS
57 Posts
Thanks for the info about your experience with 'diff water'. Sounds like good advice!
What a great trip too.

How do you find that light bar on the front? Any vibration over corrugations?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts