Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am wanting a Touring model, and will probably wait until the 2020's hit the lots rather than ordering, but am curious as to why hardly any dealers here in the PNW have Touring models on the lot? I checked inventory on several dealers in Western Washington, and of those who have average about 30 Foresters in stock, the most I found was two Touring models, both in black. A few other dealers had only one, and many had none. Do they go out the door as soon as they arrive, or do the dealers just not get that many Touring in the first place? I am looking for a Horizon Blue Pearl with Saddle Brown interior. Can't find one . . .

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
191 Posts
I think with the people the foresters are targeted to, I would assume that those same people don't see the touring as a cost effective solution without looking at the Outback/competitors in the higher 30k range.

I'm in the Tacoma region and see mostly premiums/sports/limiteds.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
615 Posts
Maybe they know the vast majority of their buyers tend to be the practical type so the major stock spread is for the Premium and Limited models where you get the most bang for the buck. I feel like a lot of other brands do this too. Except for Nissan. Noticed they had quite a few fully loaded SL trims on their lots back when I was cross shopping them.

In any case, don't be discouraged and just order one the way you want it. That's what I did for my XT Touring. Sure the 9 week wait was tough but it was worth it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Got a deal of course since it's almost zero work for the dealer and zero inventory for them to store. We got $2,200 off MSRP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bookmarked over 25 dealerships around me in Wisconsin and I found one or two Touring trims in all of them maybe every other week. Rarely in my preference of white exterior and brown interior. I ended up ordering a 2020.

Reactions: PearlWhite

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
615 Posts
Did you guys who ordered get any kind of deal on it? Or did you have to pay MSRP?
Shopped around my order specs to different dealers. Ended up paying about $3600 under MSRP for it. Mind you this was for a 2018 at the tail-end of the order period so they probably had a little more wiggle room to lower the price than current models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts