Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTI
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the most awesome thing happened to me today......NOT!.....

I had just left my school, and was at the intersection turning right. When I pulled up to make the right the light turned green, next thing i know Im staring down(actually up) at the body of a huge lifted Ford diesel... He was in the lane to the left of me and I guess realized he wanted to turn right too... So the idiot cut me off/came towards me... He got so close that to protect my fozz I pulled the car to the right, and doing so hit the curb. Great thing about it the guy kept going, all he left me with was a nice black cloud of smoke from his exhaust. Now my side-skirt has a deep gauge in it and is scratched, thats not even the worst part... the rear tire hit the curb and something down there bent, now the whole wheel/tire is pushed back a bit and angled outwards. The rim doesnt look bent, i also think my struts in the rear are blown now :( i hear clunking and the rear is bouncing much more now. Idk what to do, i drove the car home and just parked it... I also stopped by a new Subaru dealership that opened here in Riverside, CA and asked how much it would cost and the service guy told me more than 1000???!!!! *** really?

Does anyone know a bodyshop down here in SoCal that does good work on Subarus or should i just take it to the dealer and probably have the insurance pay for it?

This sucks so much, I had just saved up money to get this thing tuned. Barely have 3000 miles on the engine.

Pics to come soon

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
That really stinks. The worst part is that you tried to avoid the idiot and now all you have to show for it is the damage. Sometimes I often wonder if it would be worth it to get hit. I know this goes against general thinking but you are now left on your own with a claim that someone cut you off, no proof. Me personally, I would get a legit quote form the dealer in writing, see what the $$$ are and if it is substantial enough to warrant getting your ins co involved then do it. Above all you really want to make sure it gets fixed properly especially when suspension parts are in question.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Sometimes I often wonder if it would be worth it to get hit.
Seriously!

As for parts.. JDM Junkyard and Singincanary are selling old side skirts
Struts.. I have two sets I'm selling for cheap if you have another way of getting out here (don't really have the time to get out past Riverside). But make sure the other surrounding components are fine too.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTI
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seriously!

As for parts.. JDM Junkyard and Singincanary are selling old side skirts
Struts.. I have two sets I'm selling for cheap if you have another way of getting out here (don't really have the time to get out past Riverside). But make sure the other surrounding components are fine too.
yeah man its sucks so bad. another reason for me to hate fords!

thanks

PM'ed u

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,302 Posts
It's not necessarily a Ford problem as much as a driver with their head up their A$$. :evilatyou:
Anyways, I'd definately get a second opinion as to suspension damage and try to fix what you can yourself unless you have some seriously fantastic insurance (that won't jack you around in six months).

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTI
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not necessarily a Ford problem as much as a driver with their head up their A$$. :evilatyou:
Anyways, I'd definately get a second opinion as to suspension damage and try to fix what you can yourself unless you have some seriously fantastic insurance (that won't jack you around in six months).
yeah ur right...

thats what im thinking, i have been hunting around for parts. I need to find out what exactly was damaged so i can see if i can do it myself with the help of some other local subi guys (im still a newb). or if i HAVE to get it fixed by a professional.

what do you mean by jack me around in six months?

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
I had a guy in a truck in front of me suddenly decide he went the wrong way (in a previous car). So what does he do? I see reverse light and his rear bumper come racing at me, I layed on my horn and wham. Then no more reverse lights and scretching tires. The *** knew he hit me then shot over the Friendly's, parked and ran and hit in the men's bathroom. Not kidding. His trailer hitch skewered my front bumper. I was pissed. Then he walked out of the Friendly with me waiting there like nothing even happened.

BTW, Its sounds like you bend your strut. Probaly the only mechanical damage. If you replace it have a four wheel allignment done.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTI
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a guy in a truck in front of me suddenly decide he went the wrong way (in a previous car). So what does he do? I see reverse light and his rear bumper come racing at me, I layed on my horn and wham. Then no more reverse lights and scretching tires. The *** knew he hit me then shot over the Friendly's, parked and ran and hit in the men's bathroom. Not kidding. His trailer hitch skewered my front bumper. I was pissed. Then he walked out of the Friendly with me waiting there like nothing even happened.

BTW, Its sounds like you bend your strut. Probaly the only mechanical damage. If you replace it have a four wheel allignment done.

Wow, that sucks man.. idk why people cant admit there faults. But its good he was stupid enough to not go far lol...

yeah i think that is bent but also more because the wheel looks farther back than usual and its angled outward so i think the hub and stuff might have been bent but idk yet

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5X
146 Posts
Have at least two body shops check it. If you want to pay out of pocket, tell them that and they may cut the price a bit. If the price is higher then your deductable, then you'll probably have to claim it.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTI
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have at least two body shops check it. If you want to pay out of pocket, tell them that and they may cut the price a bit. If the price is higher then your deductable, then you'll probably have to claim it.
yeah thats what i plann on doing as soon as i get some time... college is a b**ch..... no time at all

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
wait until you graduate and get a job rohaib. then you really have no time at all! lol

i can't even find time to do my oil sometimes and just throw it at the dealer while im at work.

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,265 Posts
i just saw this post...

I should have the rear arms laying around somewhere (from doing the 04 sti arm swap)

I think you probably bent the rear arms and the swaybar mount sounds like it might have cracked off causing the clunking. Get it checked out at the dealer, or at your local bodyshop. Getting quotes cost you nothing, and you can source the parts from the forums for 1/4 of the price from the dealers...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTI
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just saw this post...

I should have the rear arms laying around somewhere (from doing the 04 sti arm swap)

I think you probably bent the rear arms and the swaybar mount sounds like it might have cracked off causing the clunking. Get it checked out at the dealer, or at your local bodyshop. Getting quotes cost you nothing, and you can source the parts from the forums for 1/4 of the price from the dealers...
thats what i think... i dont think that it is the swaybar mount.. i dont have any endlinks but do have a cobb sway bar in the rear and it is not connected atm... you may be right but it only clunks from the right when go over a bump or hit brakes... im taking it to a local performance shop that my friend works at and they said that they would check whats wrong and tell me what i need... then all i have to do is go and get those parts.... thats why i was interested in your skirts cuz mine got damaged..... i also think your right about the arms.. if i need them how much to help a brother out? free? haha jk

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,265 Posts
thats what i think... i dont think that it is the swaybar mount.. i dont have any endlinks but do have a cobb sway bar in the rear and it is not connected atm... you may be right but it only clunks from the right when go over a bump or hit brakes... im taking it to a local performance shop that my friend works at and they said that they would check whats wrong and tell me what i need... then all i have to do is go and get those parts.... thats why i was interested in your skirts cuz mine got damaged..... i also think your right about the arms.. if i need them how much to help a brother out? free? haha jk
let me see if I even have then..Got to dig around. But why would you have a cobb sway bar that isn't connected on the car? You need endlinks(stock or aftermarket) to make it function right or it'll float like a boat.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
he's supposed to get my stock endlinks but he kept running into probs.. like blowing up his engine.. lol!

but yeah his car was another member's car a while back.. then got lien sold to him "as-is."

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,265 Posts
he's supposed to get my stock endlinks but he kept running into probs.. like blowing up his engine.. lol!

but yeah his car was another member's car a while back.. then got lien sold to him "as-is."
OIC...

I'll look later tonight for them...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts