Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Foz CVT
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gather Luke at Stamford is no longer there.

Does the forum have a new go-to person for a deal on a Subaru extended warranty?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,103 Posts
From what we are hearing SOA has cracked down on dealers selling extended warranties out-of-market or out-of-state, so there currently is not a go-to person like Luke. Last I heard he was no longer working at a Subaru dealership. You might get a good idea of current pricing at the following thread:

·
Registered
2016 Foz CVT
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's disappointing. I guess I'm not surprised, though. Thanks! Fortunately I have a bunch of Subaru dealerships in the area. Hopefully I can play them off each other.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,923 Posts
You should be able to get 30% off dealers price. Tell them that's the ballpark. What I like to do is tell the dealer that if they are up front with me I won't play one dealer against another. The benefits to you are that you don't have to go to all that extra trouble.

That's how I operated with my XT. I got to know the salesman really well but he did not come through for the best price on my XY. Lesson learned here. Things will be different next time. I will make sure he knows I wasn't happy last time. [/rant]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts