Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
yes I spotted that one ....looks like a nice base foz but you never know until you go and have a look, bet the guy pulls it off ebay if no bids soon .Is it just me or is that roof spoiler thing just plain horrible ?! and did the ppp really cost 3k ? and its still not as quick as an stb :biggrin: 90k miles and no service history by the looks of it....more money to be spent on that puppy me thinks:icon_eek:

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Unsold ! Maybe this car could be a ideal replacement for "Formerly known as modnaR" ? :icon_cool:

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
215bhp v 215bhp, would be close run perhaps? :N_poke:

Simon
215 bhp for a 97 stb ? I have always been lead to believe that my 97 stb run on 99 octane should be about 240-250 bhp 'ish' from the factory and all the 'unofficial' info i can find on the net suggests this but never seen 215 anywhere .....i understand you a very knowledgeable on this stuff Simon , do you think we have been lead up the proverbial garden path with the 240-250 claims when in fact our cars are closer to 215 bhp ? (this wouldn't surprise me ) I personally I couldn't find anything 'official' on the net to support the 240- 250 bhp as standard claim.
The only thing i can say is that a friend of mine had a ppp forester and mine was much quicker ....mine felt like a rocket compared to his but you never know , maybe his wasn't set up right :biggrin:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Hence 215bhp v 215bhp, also of course the JDM already has a centre decat which the PPP SF doesn't....

Simon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts