Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently not me..

After 3 hours of driving with two buddies of mine we finally arrived at the wonderful dirt trails near Pyramid Lake, NV. 10-15 minutes later I have a flat. So I put on my spare and drove 40 mph for 30 miles to the highway then another 70 miles to a gas station where I fixed my flat and got back on the road at 9pm. About 30-35 miles from home my car starts shaking and I assume the tire is flat again. Lucky for me it's not, I'm just missing two bolts off of it and currently hate my life. Somehow I managed to drive into Tahoe and drop the car off at the repair shop and I'm getting it back today. But seriously, what a waste of about 8 hours of driving... Here's pics and I made a video of when the Foz wasn't a cripple.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
^You're currently the only person having that problem... I'm having no problems editing my posts :lol:
Actually, you're the only one that can. Well, could - because it was an oversight in the permissions setup for the FOTM coordinator usergroup. It's fixed, now, though.

In short, the purpose of the no-edit and no-delete policy in Member Mishaps is to encourage people to think before they post stuff they're better off keeping to themselves, because once it's out there, it's out there.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, you're the only one that can. Well, could - because it was an oversight in the permissions setup for the FOTM coordinator usergroup. It's fixed, now, though.

In short, the purpose of the no-edit and no-delete policy in Member Mishaps is to encourage people to think before they post stuff they're better off keeping to themselves, because once it's out there, it's out there.
That doesn't even make sense. Now my post has the same picture twice and I can't do anything about it.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Time for a hub and wheel bearing.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts

awe... damn. I felt special for a few seconds there.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eww I need a new wheel bearing. Does $340 sound reasonable?

Also, I believe the problem was that there was a spacer on that wheel that had rusted on... And I don't think it belonged to my Volks or the stockers that I borrowed from my parents :eek:

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Eww I need a new wheel bearing. Does $340 sound reasonable?

Also, I believe the problem was that there was a spacer on that wheel that had rusted on... And I don't think it belonged to my Volks or the stockers that I borrowed from my parents :eek:
340$ for the part, or in all? For part and labor together for that price it is reasonable.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Very reasonable if that's with labor. Most pay ~$500

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Make sure the hub doesn't have any damage, because if you just replace the bearing and the busted one damaged the hub, you'll be doing this repair again real soon...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts