Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Melbourne Australia that is. My sister-in-law just moved to Melbourne to work at the Childrens hospital. She'll be there for 6 months.

Right now she's just staying at a hostel kind of place (no private baths, etc.). She would like to find a nice, not very expensive, more permanent place. Does anyone from Melbourne have any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Ok I live in Melbourne but don't know where your sister can stay but I'm sure if she asked her work mates where to stay they would help her. We Aussies look after each other and our guests from OS, don't worry she'll be right mate!

M

·
0 Posts
There used to be accommodation for medical staff at the Royal Womens Hospital... Not sure if that's the case now.

·
Registered
04 XT Auto
298 Posts
Some hospitals did offer some sorts of accommodation (above the normal hostel type stuff), but it depended on the hospital in question.

The Alfred used to have accommodation available in the Chevron hotel (which the hospital owned), but many of the assets that hospitals used to own (the Afred used to own quite a few houses on Punt road) have been sold off to make up for the funding shortfalls over the last 15 years.

Best bet is to find someone at the hospital looking to share a flat. Check the staff notice boards at the Childrens hospital, as well as the Royal Melbourne and the dental hospital. You could also check Melbourne University student housing to see what they can offer.

Rob.

·
Registered
177 Posts
G'Day,
I'm from Melbourne. Not sure about the accomodation advise tho. There's plenty of hostel type around the city area. Carlton district should be easy to find a share house - it's near the hospitals and a couple of universities.
Good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts