Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2019 Premium about a month ago and wasted zero time in starting the mod process. So far I’ve tinted the windows and windshield, added crossbars (basket to come), class III receiver and hitch, ADF lift, Sparco wheels, and Cooper Discoverer AT3-4S tires. Next will be Primitive skids front-to-back.

I’m wanting to address the front end of the Foz but don’t have a lot of info on aftermarket stuff; I’d like to change out the grill and add some sort of tubular nudge bar with some lighting. What options are out there? Anyone found anything? LP isn’t offering the “big” bumper guard for the ‘19 at present and I’ve only seen offerings from Rally Innovations and SSD. Who’s got a line on other options?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like your lift? What size tires did you go?
So far I’m loving it! I went with the ADF 1-1/2” front and 1-7/8” rear; I frequently pull a trailer loaded down with dirt bikes and wanted it to ride level.

As for tires, I went with 245/65R17 on a 17x7.5 wheel with 45mm offset; anything bigger would definitely rub. So far, the only rubbing I’ve found is in reverse turning hard right coming off my slopes driveway onto the street, and even then it’s minimal.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
7 Posts
2019 Forester Sport

I just picked up my 2019 Premium about a month ago and wasted zero time in starting the mod process. So far I’ve tinted the windows and windshield, added crossbars (basket to come), class III receiver and hitch, ADF lift, Sparco wheels, and Cooper Discoverer AT3-4S tires. Next will be Primitive skids front-to-back.

I’m wanting to address the front end of the Foz but don’t have a lot of info on aftermarket stuff; I’d like to change out the grill and add some sort of tubular nudge bar with some lighting. What options are out there? Anyone found anything? LP isn’t offering the “big” bumper guard for the ‘19 at present and I’ve only seen offerings from Rally Innovations and SSD. Who’s got a line on other options?
Surprised you didn't go for the 2019 Sport model that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Had the hitch put on by the dealer as part of the deal, keeping my eyes open for add ons when the good weather comes....appears the groundhog was wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I test drove the Sport model as well and I liked it just fine but there were literally zero performance upgrades to make it a “sport” model; I couldn’t justify the extra expense for wheels I was going to replace anyway and some orange trim that I liked well enough but wasn’t sure I’d love ten years from now. Bang-for-the-buck-wise, I’d say the Premium is the best in the lineup...for me, anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I added a set of Primitive Racing skid plates earlier this week. They are solid and the quality and craftsmanship are top notch! Installation was pretty straightforward, too, taking around an hour to install all three.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
124 Posts
I test drove the Sport model as well and I liked it just fine but there were literally zero performance upgrades to make it a “sport” model; I couldn’t justify the extra expense for wheels I was going to replace anyway and some orange trim that I liked well enough but wasn’t sure I’d love ten years from now. Bang-for-the-buck-wise, I’d say the Premium is the best in the lineup...for me, anyway.
Interesting. I looked at the subaru.com model comparison chart and had a hard time deciding between the Premium and Sport. Eventually I decided the Sport model had enough extras I found of value and the Premium does not offer the RAB, which is available on the Sport when you purchase the $800 package 22 (CODE 22: BSD/RCTA + RAB + Multimedia Plus). I passed on the Limited as I did not want power rear gate or other extras.

I did find ordering saves money because you can order a stripped down car :) . But the waiting is difficult. Fortunately, the rainy season is mostly behind us and my existing cars issues starting in wet weather won't be tested. Eventually, it's going to be a hard fail rather than a wait until the fuel pump will prime and the check engine light go off :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking to add a light bar with floods for animal watch, as the high beams aren’t great on my 19. Did you end up ordering either the SSD or Rally Innovations? Can’t decide which one I’d like to get.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Li
13 Posts
I've added a led light bar to my bumper above the number plate. Currently running on a manual switch as have not been able to locale trigger source for high beam.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm hoping to replace the front air vent covers (with other OEM parts). I have a Sport so I'm wanting to change the orange vents to silver ones like in other trims. Problem is, I don't know where to start to disassemble the dash/panels to get in there and pop the existing ones out. I know they are held in by a few clips but I need to get access to them... preferably without breaking anything! Is anyone familiar with getting inside those areas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since my last post, I’ve added a Yakima Offgrid basket (medium plus extension) and a 42” curved LED light bar up top. I was surprised at how quiet the setup is compared to what I expected. The light bar looks like you’re landing the mothership compared to the high beams on the car (especially with the windshield tinted). For reference, the two lights underneath the main light in the last picture ARE the high beams.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've added a led light bar to my bumper above the number plate. Currently running on a manual switch as have not been able to locale trigger source for high beam.
. Is that an SSD bar or did you find something else? Pics?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looking to add a light bar with floods for animal watch, as the high beams aren’t great on my 19. Did you end up ordering either the SSD or Rally Innovations? Can’t decide which one I’d like to get.
I’m not really in love with either option, to be honest. I was thinking of fabbing up something myself maybe. In the meantime, I’m running the roof bar and nothing extra on the bumper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts