Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the whiteline front endlinks are the same for the FXT and the WRX?

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
Are you talking about this?

Heavy Duty Anodized Alloy Links
Whiteline has just finalized design and pre-production spec for the new heavy duty alloy swaybar links for early Legacy, Impreza WRX and STi*, and PDM is pleased to offer these to our customers.
New part numbers KLC30 & KLC26 are kits of 2 extruded alloy links with low compliance engineered grade polyurethane bushes. These GEORGOUS anodized gold billet aluminum pieces have been specifically designed for serious use including oversize swaybars while still remaining relatively quiet from an NVH point of view.
To some degree it is easy to make a direct connection between swaybar and chassis but that must be at the expense of NVH and drivability. Unlike links with spherical (metal) bearings or some bush designs, the Whiteline links are specifically designed to pivot through extreme angles WHILE staying relatively quiet when driven on the road. They are very direct in vertical load transfer, but allow a lot of lateral compliance. Translation: these bad boys give instant suspension feedback, but not clanky or clunky.
KLC30 and KLC26 links are also the normal stock length which is very important for correct swaybar operation. Some shorter designs actually permit the swaybar to invert the links on full extension which is potentially catastrophic unless the suspension has been travel limited.
KLC30 and KLC26 rear links - beautiful enough to display on your coffee table, but mean enough to help power your Suby through the tuffest corners.

*Note: 04-05 MY01-05 WRX STi's require KLC32 endlinks for the front and rear. Email us for more information.
http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/subaru_corner.html

Impreza WRX model = KLC30 or KLC26

Impreza STi model = KLC32

The SG Forester suspension shares many component with the 04 Impreza STi. So in theory, the KLC32 front endlinks may work. Wonder if any vendors have them and would care to measure the lenght.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my cobb bars in. I'll take pics when I get a chance. I figured I'd throw in new front endlinks along with the new front bar. I already have perrin rear endlinks.

tre36 said:
Are you talking about this?

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/subaru_corner.html

Impreza WRX model = KLC30 or KLC26

Impreza STi model = KLC32

The SG Forester suspension shares many component with the 04 Impreza STi. So in theory, the KLC32 front endlinks may work. Wonder if any vendors have them and would care to measure the lenght.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
I got my cobb bars in. I'll take pics when I get a chance. I figured I'd throw in new front endlinks along with the new front bar. I already have perrin rear endlinks.
Nice. Post the pics when you can. I want to verify if the COBB FSB is indeed different on n/a and turbo models as claimed by COBB. I want to go with a bigger FSB but no one makes one for us n/a folks. None that I know of yet or can verify. Noltec also has endlinks for $69. Same material and design as the Whitelines for half the price.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.fastwrx.com/whheduendli.html

So would the WRX STi ones be the ones I need? I wasn't able to find the Noltec ones. I'm trying to avoid the ones with the pressed spherical bearings because I don't want to limit added noise in the front.

tre36 said:
Nice. Post the pics when you can. I want to verify if the COBB FSB is indeed different on n/a and turbo models as claimed by COBB. I want to go with a bigger FSB but no one makes one for us n/a folks. None that I know of yet or can verify. Noltec also has endlinks for $69. Same material and design as the Whitelines for half the price.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
If whiteline offers a wrx/sti specific one for the same price, that would be my route. Don't really know the difference, if any, between the wrx links and wrx/sti links. I will inquire with PDM-Racing to have them measure it.

Same goes with the Noltecs. People tell me the links are all the same for wrx and wrx/sti links. I sent Oakos and email last week but haven't heard a reply.

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=355&Product_Code=NOL22509

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522483

If we don't get any luck, the KB drop links would be nice too.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
Update.

Got a message David Kearney of OAKOS Automotive and he said the Noltec Front End Links - NOL22509 will fit an '04 STi. Meaning it will work with SG Foresters.

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
I just put a set of the WRX 02+ Whiteline front end links on and they match up perfect. :drive: I did the steering rack bushings for the same model year and they went in great...

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!!

tre36 said:
Update.

Got a message David Kearney of OAKOS Automotive and he said the Noltec Front End Links - NOL22509 will fit an '04 STi. Meaning it will work with SG Foresters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts