Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
79 Posts
I don't own a white Forester but a Light Green called Jazmin Green. Yeah, I know a lot of people that want that color. I special ordered it. In my extended family we own 4 white vehicles. 3 large vehicles (Full-size Pick-up, Mini Van, and full-size car) and a small Jeep. They don't show the dirt like dark vehicles especially black. I have left my Truck unwashed for over a month and it didn't look that bad if I made sure to at least wipe the windows.

If you take it off-road all the time then there isn't a color that will make it look clean but white is still the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2019 base trim Forester in Crystal White Pearl, and I can usually go 2-3 week before washing.... Also, white reflects long-wave (thermal) solar better.... So arguably, a cooler interior - especially when lightly tinted windows are added to the mix. A safety plus is that a white vehicle is more visible on the road.
For the inevitable tar spots, I use a soft microfibre cloth soaked in turpentine to wipe off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody own the white? Seems like white would be tough to keep clean, always dirty.
Irrivirsible
I've had lots of white cars in the past.
It might seem that way, that white shows more dirt, but the opposite is true.
The darker the color, the more dirt shows up.
Black is the worst for looking dirty fast.
Most of my cars have been white for many reasons, easiest color to match if vehicle sustains damage, white is timeless vs other colors some of which are offered only certain years so will know vehicle is old, shows dirt the least unless really dirty, easy to maintain, does not show swirls and micro scratches, . . . .

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
1 Posts
Anybody own the white? Seems like white would be tough to keep clean, always dirty.
Hey, I own a White Subaru Forester Sport and had learned from past experiences with other peoples' white cars. When I decided to purchase the car I knew that would have to apply it with a new ceramic and graphite coating if it was to survive. I'd had used the coating on 2 of my past cars and every time I had it serviced I got an offer to purchase it. If your car's exterior paint is still good, have it detailed and coat it.

·
Registered
2015 Forester
208 Posts
I had ay white C20 van years ago. Not bad to keep clean. Currently I have a silver Forester and blue granite metallic Silverado. The blue granite is actually the closest thing to dirt color I've seen or had. About the only thing it shows is heavy mud and salt.

·
Registered
2020 Forester
3 Posts
@Irrivirsible
I have a White 2020 Forester and every time I wash it, which is a lot, I spend the next hour cleaning the bug splatter off the front of the vehicle. It seems to get embedded and is very hard to get off.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
7 Posts
Pearly white 2019 Forester Touring here. Agree with the preceding comments. It looks clean until you practically press your nose into the pearly white.
Had a tan Corolla (Light Topaz) and a gray Camry (Lunar Mist) that were pretty light in color and pretty good at hiding the dirt. But the white Forester is best.
Would have liked a lighter color for the interior (it's sunny in California) but the best Subaru could offer is the brown leather.

·
Registered
Subalu - A blue 2014 Forester 6spd adventure mobile
70 Posts
My choices were limited in the used car market. I searched for months and couldn't find a white one in the package I wanted. I'm jealous every time I see a white Forester on the road. My blue isn't bad at all but I daydream about a paint job from time to time.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester premium
227 Posts
Pearly white 2019 Forester Touring here. Agree with the preceding comments. It looks clean until you practically press your nose into the pearly white.
Had a tan Corolla (Light Topaz) and a gray Camry (Lunar Mist) that were pretty light in color and pretty good at hiding the dirt. But the white Forester is best.
Would have liked a lighter color for the interior (it's sunny in California) but the best Subaru could offer is the brown leather.
That killed getting a Ascent for the wife...she hated the interior color on all the ones she looked at.she hated the brown leather and thats all we could find in stock

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,162 Posts
Most of my cars have been white for many reasons, easiest color to match if vehicle sustains damage....
This is unfortunately NOT the case with pearly or metallic whites which are used on most cars these days. I love plain refrigerator white (Ford Oxford white, GM Summit white, etc...) and don't need the extra gleam.

Basically, if you want an absolute match with the newer white colors, you have to paint the whole side of the car if one panel is damaged, same as with other metallic and pearly colored paints.

Subaru needs to talk to some real outdoorsy people, not Buick stylists, to put some outdoorsy solid colors into their paint choices. Like a desert tan, light gray, etc, without flakes in them. I think they had a good tan on the Crosstrek a few years back.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,162 Posts
The whites have it. It shows the dirt the least. It is also easiest to match up if repairs and repainting are required down the road.
Not to hammer on this, but pearl whites are NOT easy to match, so a dented panel will require painting the whole side of the car to create a visual match. Plain refrigerator whites are indeed the best, but Subaru does not offer these.

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester Touring CVT
91 Posts
Pearl White and as long as I occasionally drive through a pouring rainstorm, it almost never needs washed. Well, I suppose it may need washed, it just doesn't look like it does.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 Premium
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
is white on a Subaru any easier/harder to clean than white on any other car made. Guess you never owned a white car.
It wasn’t a Subaru white vs other brand white. This is a Subaru Forester forum so I asked about the Forester.

·
Registered
2021 Forester
7 Posts
Silver cars hide dirt like crazy through all seasons here , winter salt in particular blends well. This will be my first Subaru and it's white so I'm hoping what everyone is saying is true. My dark grey SUV isn't horrible but I'll never own a black vehicle, they always look dirty or dusty to me.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts