1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 forester x
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

anyone had problems with a whistling from the air vents when doing high speeds,
mine starts at about 85mph and gets louder the faster i go if its windy it starts at lower speeds.
its driving me mad any ideas

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
I have never heard that before on a Forester. Does it make a difference if the HVAC system is on recirculate of fresh air? A common place for this type of noise to come from are both side view mirror gussets.

·
Registered
04 forester x
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never heard that before on a Forester. Does it make a difference if the HVAC system is on recirculate of fresh air? A common place for this type of noise to come from are both side view mirror gussets.
it still makes the noise what ever position the HVAC is in and its definitly from the vents is as if there is some plastic vibrating at the intake end,
looks like i will have to take it to bits and have a look, any body had the vent system out from the intake end??

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT 2.0
6 Posts
..hey Smudge, I get the exact thing from above 65mph....mines is an 03 2.0XT...not had it long (loving it loads) but just done 100 mile round trip on the M25 and noticed the noise from the passenger side only. As you say, sounds like something flapping as if air from outside is getting forced through....is there a schematic of the air vent system around do you know??

cheers,

Des.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT 2.0
6 Posts
mmm...think I've gone some way to sorting this just by reseating the rubber seal that sits along the top of the engine bulkhead...its held on by fairly flimsy clips and the nearside (UK) had come a little adrift....as yet I've only tried it on the local bypass...proper road trip coming up Tuesday..(sunny Glastonbury for a spot of music!!)....I'll report back.....!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts