Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been looking around for some nice replacement 17" wheels for the new forester...narrowed it down to these two wheels, but can't decide...one day I go more to one and then switch back the next. They cost about the same, a little less than $150 each...decent brands too. Although I found some 18" ninja NJ01's + 245/45/18 tires for $900 at a local tire shop, but I'm weary of the little shack stores and katana wheels.

Which do you guys think would look better on a 2010 spark silver foz?

Konig runaway hypergrey 17X8 or ACE passion hypersilver 17X7.5

UPDATE: got the runaways last friday...look a little different than the website pics, but nice none the less. whole car pic in Silver forester thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you know, my wife likes those too, but I'm not sure they actually look like that picture due to the high offset that the forester has and they're not "in stock" so I can't see the real ones. :(

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Of those two, the Konigs. Why not look at the Rota SVN's too. Very similar design and probably cheap used.

There was a guy on nabisco sellling a set of new in box 18x8.5 SVN's in bronze for $650.

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I've seen those and they quoted me the SVN 18's for 190 each at DiscTire. :D but I don't have enough to get new tires so I have to settle for just replacing the wheels. Besides, I go to mexico and 18's wouldn't be too good for me. I really like the SVN and that's why I chose the Konig because it looks just like the SVN, costs less and DiscTire has that carcare one card financing. :D

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Between the two I'd definitely choose the Konigs, personally. I much prefer the way the "paired off" spokes look vs. the Ace wheels.

BTW another wheel that looks the same (i.e. a Volk RE30 replica) is the Tenzo-R Project7.

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really like the FSTI wheels with the spokes to the rim too, but my wife has a history of curbing rims...but she "didn't do that" and "it just appeared one day".

Thank you for your input everyone! I went with the Konigs after much deliberation of pros and cons. They should get here in a week or two from NY. Hope they look better than the picture.

Hey Fourortwowheels, are those the hyperblack color or the hyper grey?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts