Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
i thought about doing that to mine. i have a friend with a newer forester so i get to see them up close regularly. i believe i like mine better, though. if i was going to change i would go for the newer "black" ones over the "chrome" ones, though.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
I like the newer ones, especially since you have wheels that compliment them.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ditto, especially with the chromed wheels.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Honestly the chrome wheel covers and chrome tail lights look terrible. Looks like what people do to early 90's hondas. I prefer the all red 03-05 tails.

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly the chrome wheel covers and chrome tail lights look terrible. Looks like what people do to early 90's hondas.
I kept thinking that too while staring at it for a few minutes which prompted me to post this thread. The wheel skins on steelies are only for Winter use. I have RSV's for Summer. If that doesn't look well I am going to pull them and mod them to "blacks" I guess

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
I kept thinking that too while staring at it for a few minutes which prompted me to post this thread. The wheel skins on steelies are only for Winter use. I have RSV's for Summer. If that doesn't look well I am going to pull them and mod them to "blacks" I guess
if you like the newer look taillights the reason i would recommend black over chrome is that you have tinted windows and the black bumpers (as i do).

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,507 Posts
On your Forester color, the chrome tail lights work! From the rear, the chrome brightens up the back & from the side, it works well with the 2 tone & light wheels. :cool:

Put them on & let them grow on you. You can always switch back if you want the stock look. :wink:

I still have the stock ones off my '03 X... :smile:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,507 Posts
Hmmmm... not bad, but from that angle, the bright chrome on the tail light draws your eyes to it & might takes away from the overall look. IMO it looked good from the back, but perhaps a bit too bright from the side. :icon_eek:

Now I have to say the '08 Sports black tail light would be the way to go. Sorry... :frown:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts