Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well one of the first things other than Fog lights I want to do is a this is the first SUV in a LONG LONG time that I got that doesnt have a trailer hitch. I normally carry my bike rack on back /trailer hitched in. So now I need a trailer hitch..I did hit up a few threads here and saw 3 or 4 different ones....the dealership wanted $450 to install the OEM one.... Looking to see if I can get a better deal..

So I narrowed it down to the Curt or Draw-Tite class 3 2" hitch..both seem VERY similar is there something one has the other doesnt or anyone have better "luck" with one vs the other or are they like they look...pretty much flip a coin they are more or less the same..

Also will I need a wiring harness and if so I assume as most things now days ...like the fog lights that are non existent on mine But I know there is a wiring harness up in there somewhere from Subaru...is it the same with the trailer harness?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
289 Posts
eTrailer has great videos and installation overviews. And, is a great source for reviews. The two hitch options you mention install differently. I believe the Curt requires drilling to enlarge the holes in the frame. The Draw-Tite does not. I would start there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did see where it said stuff MAY have to be altered but as the 2 seem very similar the one with less drilling easier install would be better probably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts