Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding out exactly what bars fit my 2004 FXT. Called TiC, and a guy on the phone told me that it was the WRX Wagon bars, but I'm pretty sure that's not it. Talked to Import Image, they said the 02-07 WRX sedan. Saw some info on this forum saying it was the 2004-2007 STi bars. So what bars do I really need? I'm looking at getting the Whiteline front bar, and maybe a rear bar sometime later. A guy is also selling used 22mm Cusco bars for the 04-07 STi, and wondering if those would fit my car.

I know this question has been answered before and I apologize for asking it again.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
The Whiteline front and STi Cusco rear you mention may both fit. In fact, those are the same bars as on my car as we speak, 24mm front Whiteline and 22mm rear Cusco.

Our cars need STi-fitment rear bars. I think some fronts like the Whiteline work on both the WRX and STi. Check this out.

Stan

·
Registered
04 FXT
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
02-07 WRX & 07 STi whiteline bar is what you have? Also, how do you like that setup? I'm on STI struts and the JDM Pink springs, since it's so low i'm going to try to get away with using the stock front endlinks on it.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
33 Posts
Been doing some research on this just recently, here's from my "Forester Info.txt" file i keep for handy information. Here's the whiteline products for 22 mm:

Front:
BSF33Z Front Swaybar h/d Blade adjustable 22 mm
KLC32 Sway bar endlink - extra h/d alloy (or Kartboy endlinks)

Rear:
BSR35XZ Rear Swaybar h/d Blade adjustable 22 mm
KBR18-22 Rear Swaybar h/d Mount kit 22mm (mount replacements)

And if you think you need lateral-link support:
KBR16 Link bracket support kit-swaybar

I ended up going with Rallitek sway's + mounts and Kartboy endlinks from Subimods. I got the STi lateral links from eBay for $200 + shipping which supposedly doesn't need any kind of re-inforcement or support.

Had a really bad experience with Scoobytuner where they charged me 3 times and the order ended up being cancelled. Still waiting for the VISA-reservations to be cleared :(

Hope this information helps a bit..

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
If you're interested I have a pair of Front/Rear Cusco sway bars I'm not going to install on my XT.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
02-07 WRX & 07 STi whiteline bar is what you have?
I'm pretty sure it's the '04-'06 STi version. I like it alot, I'm running it with KB endlinks, but stockers should work too. Some pictures of it here.

Looks like I was wrong and the same the Whiteline front bar will not work on '04-'07 WRX and STi, but some other brand bars do.

Stan

·
Registered
04 FXT
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been doing some research on this just recently, here's from my "Forester Info.txt" file i keep for handy information. Here's the whiteline products for 22 mm:

Front:

Rear:

I ended up going with Rallitek sway's + mounts and Kartboy endlinks from Subimods. I got the STi lateral links from eBay for $200 + shipping which supposedly doesn't need any kind of re-inforcement or support.

Had a really bad experience with Scoobytuner where they charged me 3 times and the order ended up being cancelled. Still waiting for the VISA-reservations to be cleared :(

That helps a ton actually, I KNEW there was a whiteline lateral link support out there somewhere, but I came up empty handed when trying to search for it. Thanks, that really does help a ton.

·
Registered
2006 STI
1 Posts

Front:

Rear:

Hey Ronny,
This is Butch Eccles, Owner/General Manager of; Scoobytuner.com, I see you found the sway bars kits you were looking for, thats great!
Regarding your comments about your, ("really bad experiences with Scoobytuner"), we regret the unfortunate problems our Credit Card Security Processing Company, (Authorize.net) had with the three attempts you made on March 23, 2010 to order from our Website, the reason given to you regarding the three declined attempts was ("The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.")
This happens at times with International Credit Cards, the processing company has problems with matching, Perfectly Good Name/Address Verification..
The funds never left your account and should have settled back into your account after a few days, if for any reason they have not, please let me know, I will do what I can from this end to resolve this matter for you.
When a Credit Card is Declined, some Banks/Credit Card Companies will show the Decline as a charge on your account for a few days, this is a Bank/Credit Card Company Policy we have no control over, sorry!
Based on email correspondence between you and Jarrod concerning this problem, Jarrod assured you the funds would settle back to your account and offered to complete your order using other payment methods, you declined this offer, we have no problem with that, this is completely your call and we respect that.

Again we do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had with our Company and thank you for the opportunity to assist you, let us know if there’s anything more Scoobytuner.com can ever do for you.

Thanks Ronny!
Kind Regards,
Butch Eccles
Owner/General Manager,
Cartrucktuner,LLC.
Scoobytuner.com Minituner.com
Trucktuner.com AudiVWtuner.com
EVOtuner.com
[email protected]
801 649-6164
13647 South Farmhollow Lane
Draper, Utah 84020