Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
what are your wheel specs you are looking for?

of those two I prefer the 5spoke 106 but I have never heard of that company? There has got to be better out there..

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure there is better but I am concerned about price. Both of those are $112 each. The 4 I have in the basement cost $89 each. I am not a ricer and prefer function over bling bling rims

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
Hate to say it, but;
You do get what you pay for.
there are other options between rice and bling.. you just need to look.
Why not talk to keith and see what he has that will fit, those UK17s would be STRONG and look the part.. plus they are already in CAD$. mind the offset:biggrin:

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Honestly I think the best rim for offroading are the FXT 16" wheels (the split 6 spokes), or the older SG 2.5XS "cookie cutters". They're strong, look decent, readily available, and not too heavy. I'd go with alloys over steelies for offroading as steel will start to bend and get tweaked offroad (especially the sort of steelies available for subarus), sure alloys may crack if severely hit, but in normal offroad abuse they'll hold up better imho.

personally, I think if you're going to do any offroading, it would probably be better to put a set of grabber AT2's on a separate set of wheels just for when you need them, and use some street tires the rest of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts