Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 XT with stock struts and Swift springs.
I would like to use a 1/4" rear strut spacer to get a slight raked look. Do I need the ones for a 02-03 Impreza or 04-07 Impreza?
What is the best brand spacer to use?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,185 Posts
I got mine from Shane at Paranoid Fabrications. I'm running the '04-'07 version since my car is an '07, '04 would be the same.

Setting rear higher than front will not improve handling IMO, just a warning.

Stan
How hard was the install on those? I've got a 3/4" set sitting in the back of my forester i'd like to put in soon.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
The 1/2" barely fit with the original studs, for 3/4" you'd probably have to press out the original studs and replace them with either regular bolts (you'd probably want to hold them in place somehow, epoxy or tack weld) or longer studs of the same type as stock. To press out the rear tophat studs you'll need to remove the tophats (fronts can be done bolted up), so spring compressors and air tools may be needed.

So, it would take some work, not a quick job.

Stan

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,185 Posts
The 1/2" barely fit with the original studs, for 3/4" you'd probably have to press out the original studs and replace them with either regular bolts (you'd probably want to hold them in place somehow, epoxy or tack weld) or longer studs of the same type as stock. To press out the rear tophat studs you'll need to remove the tophats (fronts can be done bolted up), so spring compressors and air tools may be needed.

So, it would take some work, not a quick job.

Stan
Well, shane included nuts in my spacers so all i would need to do is press out the old studs and replace with longer m8 bolts. But that sucks it's a big job to press the old studs out.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Well, shane included nuts in my spacers so all i would need to do is press out the old studs and replace with longer m8 bolts. But that sucks it's a big job to press the old studs out.
Wow, that's awesome.

Getting the studs out isn't bad. You'll just have to take the tophat off the strut. I just beat the crap out of my studs with a hammer and they came out.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts