Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a light bar on my Forester and are researching what Hella lamp to put on.

SO far I think the 500 series would work the best, but I don't know if I should go with the driving or fog lamps.

The Rallye 4000's are nice as well....what does everyone think of them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,259 Posts
Based on the specs (12V H3 bulb, 55W each) and size (163mm dia., 6.4 ins), I think the 500's might be the largest lights to consider. Fog- or driving style will depend on your conditions and intended use.

Personally, I think the 4000's would be too big, both electrically (12 V H1 bulb, 100W each) and mechanically (222mm dia., 8.75 ins).

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2006 X
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Based on the specs (12V H3 bulb, 55W each) and size (163mm dia., 6.4 ins), I think the 500's might be the largest lights to consider. Fog- or driving style will depend on your conditions and intended use.

Personally, I think the 4000's would be too big, both electrically (12 V H1 bulb, 100W each) and mechanically (222mm dia., 8.75 ins).

HTH,
Jim / crewzer
They will be used mostly for the darks roads I travel on home from work. I work until 9PM every night and have to drive country roads. Bad weather as well!

What about the 700 series?

EDIT - Nevermind...the 700's are big as well. I'm thinking the 500FF fogs might be the way to go!

·
Registered
07 FSXT
211 Posts
I have the 500ff fogs behind the grill of my fsxt with yellow bulbs. I like them alot. It took some adjusting to get the light pattern to shine properly & you do loose some light in the corners of the bumper. But all in all I am very happy.

·
Registered
2006 X
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 500ff fogs behind the grill of my fsxt with yellow bulbs. I like them alot. It took some adjusting to get the light pattern to shine properly & you do loose some light in the corners of the bumper. But all in all I am very happy.

Great! What year is your FSXT? I have a 2006. I think I am going to pick up the Rally Innovations light bar. Thoughts?

EDIT: How did you wire your fogs?

·
Registered
07 FSXT
211 Posts
Great! What year is your FSXT? I have a 2006. I think I am going to pick up the Rally Innovations light bar. Thoughts?

EDIT: How did you wire your fogs?
Its a 07. I used the wiring kit that came with the lights & wired it to a factory switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts