Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I replaced my stock clunking front endlinks with Mevotech one and the first time we go offroad to put the canoe in the water we hear a loud Pop Pop after going in a deep rut. We did not hit anything but it sure sounded that way. I get out and have a look and both endlinks are poped out.:icon_frown:

I'm looking for new ones now and I will not put in the same Moevotech ones that's for sure. We drive mainly on the road but we occasionally go offroad. Everything else stock and I'm wondering if I should just get the OE ones or if I should get Cartboy ones that definatelly look more robust and not likelly to pop out. This is our familly car, so I'm not necesarily looking for perfomance upgrade as much as reliability...and I don't like to fix the same thing twice in such a short time.

What can I expect in terms of ride with the kartboy endlink vs stock ones? Any downsides in terms of wear on other suspension parts? Thanks

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Endlinks don't affect ride quality. Go with Kartboy... quality product that lasts a long time.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The oem ones are great for the front (unlike the rear which are stupidly designed and a pain to take off). You can probably find a set really cheap lightly used. No point sinking that much money on KB links on a stock setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts