Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fram's website has two fuel filters that will supposedly fit.
Which one will fit the best?

G6827 - 3.34" Outside diameter; 4.38" Long; 5/16" Tube connector

or

G7367 - 2.56" Outside diameter; 4.72" Long; 9.5mm Tube connector

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
This is just my personal opinion but I would not use a Fram filter even if it was given to me free.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,965 Posts
It's so fashionable to badmouth Fram. My Forester is doing fine after almost 170k miles with Fram, Walmart, and occasional other house brands.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
This is just my personal opinion but I would not use a Fram filter even if it was given to me free.
+1, I have personal experience with Fram not building a filter (oil) to spec. Weak valve in oil filter for a maxima that allowed oil to drain completely if the engine sat long enough. Ever hear the sound of a motor starting with no oil in it? I've stuck to OEM from then on for filters, not worth the risk.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
+1 I wouldn't touch any fram product if someone paid me. Their quality control is -severely- lacking on their own branded products. They're the only brand I absolutely will not consider putting on my car.

I like purolator filters usually (except the latest revision of their air filters). Pepboys carries them and they're generally well priced.

I generally don't buy oem filters (aside from the AT filter) as the local parts department is pretty terrible.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replacing my old filter, I found it to be a carquest part. :icon_frown:.
Replaced with Subaru filter...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive heard of people checking their fuel filter for water or dirt....
How do u do this other than cut or smash it open?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts