Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT MT
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking through the 2004 service manuals I just downloaded. Being a Forester newbie, I have a hard time deciding the engine code for my 2004 turbo engined 2.0 XT. H4SO? H4DOTC? Other? I'd appreciate any help.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I am looking through the 2004 service manuals I just downloaded. Being a Forester newbie, I have a hard time deciding the engine code for my 2004 turbo engined 2.0 XT. H4SO? H4DOTC? Other? I'd appreciate any help.
Which manual did you get? I believe both of those are for 2.5L engines. H420 is the nonturbo single overhead cam motor and h4dotc is the 4 cylinder dual overhead cam turbocharged motor.

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT MT
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick response!
I downloaded everything within sight for the 2004 model from "that Russian site". Some of the sections specify "H4DOTC", other sections "H4DOTC 2.5". There are other variations as well.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Which manual did you get? I believe both of those are for 2.5L engines. H420 is the nonturbo single overhead cam motor and h4dotc is the 4 cylinder dual overhead cam turbocharged motor.
Elaborating on Funkeymonkey's reply above.............

As we are talking "European/Rest of World" versions the base engine is the 2.0Ltr version.

The 2.0XT will be the H4DOTC,(Horizontal 4cylinderDouble OverheadcamTurboCharged) however some of the common items will be covered in the H4SO(Horizontal 4cylinderSingle Overheadcam) naturally aspirated section, so you need it all.

The H4DOTC2.5 will be the newer 2.5ltr turbo version.

There is also a 2.0L H4DO but that appears to be later and used for LPG versions.

Reactions: jasonn
1 - 4 of 4 Posts