Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase Boost Gauge. Which would you recomend a Mechanical one or electronic? Is one easier to intall? Which brand? Thanks for your advice. Jeff

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
A mechanical is cheaper and easier to install. Autometer makes some nice cheap gauges and you can possibly get a used OEM subaru boost gauge off somebody getting rid of it on nasioc.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
In my opinion electronic is more practical. The ability to keep peak hold and record is very useful. You can't really sit there and stare at your gauges while you have the pedal floored. It's just not safe. Then again, if you're going with only a boost gauge, just get a mechanical.

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
In my opinion electronic is more practical. The ability to keep peak hold and record is very useful. You can't really sit there and stare at your gauges while you have the pedal floored. It's just not safe. Then again, if you're going with only a boost gauge, just get a mechanical.

Man, I do agree with you on the practicality and functionality of electronic gauges. I am currently running a Greddy mechanical which, although dead reliable with no needle flutter, does leave a lot to be desired. Peak hold, alarm thresholds, and playback capabilities of the Defi's I had in my previous Subaru provided me with great information that I could easily analyze, and the high-zoot display was awesome.

The big question is how much do you want to spend...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts