Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the people who have turbocharged cars,

do you have a boost gauge fitted?....... and where have you mounted it?

I dont feel the need to go spending £100`s on Greddy gauges, a simple gauge will do, can anyone recommend one?

Also, where do you have your gauge mounted? .....
I can see that having a gauge pod on the door frame pillar, could be annoying. And i dont really want to replace the centre cubby box with a tripple gauge pod because then i am inclined to have a 3 gauge set up.

Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks

Frazer

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I have a cheap boost gauge that I hook up temporarily now and then for diagnostics purposes. If I were to mount a permanent boost gauge in the car, I would definitely go with the Subaru one being that it matches the dash a little better. Aftermarket gauges, to me, looks a little gaudy. Even though the OEM one is white compared to the green on the dash, I'm pretty sure there's a way to put those little green "light condoms" over the bulb to make it the same green as the dash.

Not to mention (if possible), I would install it on the right, not the left. There's more "empty" space on the tach gauge than there is on the left.

(bad pic, but you get the idea)

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
I have mine mounted at the bottom of the A -pillar. Didn't want it on the wheel cowl as it covered the gauges on the dash. Out of the way, doesn't hinder vision but in easy eyeshot.

Brian

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Like wise to brian, mines at the bottom of the A-pillar.

Now I couldnt find a suitable pod for mine, so I used an old bicycle inner tube to cover the gauge, wires and pipes and made it long enough to sandwich in between the dash and the a-pillar cover. so its held between the windscreen, a-pillar and dashboard. Doesnt roll about and looks alright!

Cant find a picture of it but heres a video!

YouTube - Boost Test, 17psi

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Found a pod OK, usual ebay, all the bits for choices of position and flex joints.
VUMAXX is the make.

Exactly positioned as Mike's.

Brian

·
Registered
1999 2.0 S M
327 Posts
i`ve already had 7 or 8 gauges and here are some places where i put them

at the moment i have the 3 gauges in the centre cubby box but if i only had one i would take the place in the first pic (but with the hose going through a hole in the dash bezel where it can´t be seen

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
Here's mine on the A pillar, an ebay cheapy that does a good enough job for my needs...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts