Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just unexpectedly had to replace my 1999 Legacy (boo) and now have a new Forester 2.5i (yay). During my old car's later years I got a lot of benefit out of being able to read engine codes so I could schedule repairs properly - still have my basic reader, but can't find the port on this new car. Anyone know where it is? Thanks! (If it's in a really inconvenient location I may get one of those new ones that send the info to an app on your phone via Bluetooth.)

·
Registered
2015 Forester I-Premium 6MT
2,362 Posts
should be directly below the steering wheel. look above the pedals. with your head at floor level.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
Stick your head under the dash on the driver's side. It's easy to see on the left side.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will keep looking. I guess I need to go out there with a flashlight! If anyone has time to take a picture of it with your phone and post it, I'd be appreciative.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Remember , your 99 Legacy was OBDII compliant. The 2014 is CAN Bus. So your code reader may not be compatible. But you can try it. It will just say it can't communicate or some message like that.

Also there are different CAN bus protocols. I could use 1 OBDII reader for most of the cars I service. But I have 2 CAN Bus readers. One works for most, if it doesn't, I use the other.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
I'm using one if those $20 Elm 327 wifi dongles along with DashCommand under iOS, and it communicates fine.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Thanks, I will keep looking. I guess I need to go out there with a flashlight! If anyone has time to take a picture of it with your phone and post it, I'd be appreciative.
This old thread might be useful.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts