Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang... in trying to tweak the new Stage 2, I'm now at the point of making sure I'm actually hitting target boost. Where should I be *expecting* to see target on a 4EAT? Should I start out in "2" as that is more of a load, or should I be seeing target in First already?

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
You should read peak boost in 3 or D...by going wot.
Dunno what you are supposed to see...but you can check Cobb tuning for a general reference of a typical/conservative peak boost is for your make/model.
What are you using to monitor boost? What type of EM?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using AP (V1) which has no logging so I simply monitor the mechanical boost gauge. Ordering a cable to use with open-source and laptop strictly for logging; that should give me a lot better idea how things are looking (as well as giving me more time to actually focus on the road instead of my gauge pod!). Depending on which Cobb chart I wish to believe my target should be either 13.5 or 14.5 :crazy: so I'm going to shoot for the higher as with winter coming in fast and strong I'm not so worried about heat right now.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
923 Posts
Using AP (V1) which has no logging so I simply monitor the mechanical boost gauge. Ordering a cable to use with open-source and laptop strictly for logging; that should give me a lot better idea how things are looking (as well as giving me more time to actually focus on the road instead of my gauge pod!). Depending on which Cobb chart I wish to believe my target should be either 13.5 or 14.5 :crazy: so I'm going to shoot for the higher as with winter coming in fast and strong I'm not so worried about heat right now.
First of all, if you are running an APv1 the cable will work fine with Romraider which is free. There is no need to put money into a cable if all you are doing is logging.

I have used my AP to log boost. If you check some of my recent posts in this section you will see my logs. This is before I put the WRX WGA. I am going to turn the wastegate actuator a few times, but I am alot closer to target boost now.

I like yourself am not sure if target boost is supposed to be reached. Is it the beginning of 3rd gear? Let me know what you find out.

Check out my logs.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First of all, if you are running an APv1 the cable will work fine with Romraider which is free. There is no need to put money into a cable if all you are doing is logging.
Yippee! I'll happily save some money (I've spent enough for now!) and use the AP cable.

I'm interested in your experience with the 2.0 WGA... were you having flutter before, and does your boost appear stable (no spiking) now?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
923 Posts
Yippee! I'll happily save some money (I've spent enough for now!) and use the AP cable.

I'm interested in your experience with the 2.0 WGA... were you having flutter before, and does your boost appear stable (no spiking) now?
haha :biggrin:

Well there was some flutter before....boost was always stable but a little bit lower.

I am close to getting target boost now and haven't even turned the WGA arm yet.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
haha :biggrin:

Well there was some flutter before....boost was always stable but a little bit lower.

I am close to getting target boost now and haven't even turned the WGA arm yet.
That WGA as I sent it to you should be pretty close to dialed in. It came off my FXT, and while there are always tolerance stack differences, it should be just about right...

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
923 Posts
That WGA as I sent it to you should be pretty close to dialed in. It came off my FXT, and while there are always tolerance stack differences, it should be just about right...
Yes, I haven't done much logging with it in place, but it is definitely an improvement.

I am sure it could use a turn as you mentioned earlier though. :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts