Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 99 st, uk, just got it. the radio reception crackles, ive tried a alpine i-pod stereo & its still the same. Weres my car arial?, is it im my windscreen?, theres a small crack in that, at the side in front of drivers seat (rh drive). ive been quoted £803.00 for new screen,( its heated, with a green tint band) Hell thats more than "bling" alloys. Please help!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
One of the rear side windows on the US vehicles.

·
Registered
1999 S Turbo
426 Posts
Aerial is part of the left rear side window on my 99 Forester, an Irish model. It looks like a window defroster element.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
windscreens are usually covered on your insurance policy for £50 excess or thereabouts.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wife's 2000 Forester L has an antenna mast on the right front fender. Interesting with all the different locations depending on where the car is located.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
paulpickles said:
ive got a 99 st, uk, just got it. the radio reception crackles, ive tried a alpine i-pod stereo & its still the same. Weres my car arial?, is it im my windscreen?, theres a small crack in that, at the side in front of drivers seat (rh drive). ive been quoted £803.00 for new screen,( its heated, with a green tint band) Hell thats more than "bling" alloys. Please help!!!!!!!!!
arial?

I always wanted one of those! They were a unique motorcycle in the 50's and 60's, the most notable had a "Square 4" motor...four cylinders, not in a row like you may be familiar with, not in a V as is common these days, but in a square, lookiing down on the top, the spark plugs would be arranged like this ::

From www.motorcyclecity.com,
By far the most famous machine produced by Ariel was the Square Four, a beautiful road bike putting out 45 hp and producing a top speed of over 100 mph. The engine was designed by Edward Turner who later joined with Triumph Motorcycles. The Square Four was a good looking machine and it was popular, but it was heavy and also expensive. After WWII it was redesigned with a lighter aluminum engine and eventually given telescoping front forks and rear suspension. The production run of the Square Four was from 1937 to 1958 with displacement ranging from 500cc to 600cc in the early days and eventually the largest engine topping out at 997cc.

OHHH, did you mean "aerial"? Sorry to run on like this...
-Quick

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
ianO-
With the Civic iTEC engine it's able to get from 0 to 100 to 0 again in less time than the most accomplished/modded Foresters! 10.88 seconds. Phenomenal...anyone running across a rear-ended Honda S2000 , with 240 hp might want to grab the engine!
Thanks for the link, I had no idea!
-Quick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts