Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT Premium
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of auxiliary lights I want to add to my SJ forester and I'm looking for help with where to run wiring harnesses. I currently have one auxiliary harness going through my fender and then in between the weather stripping for the drivers door. It works but doesn't look the best. So for my next two I was hoping someone could suggest some better ideas.

The one harness will be for ditch lights. I have heard there is a grommet on the firewall that can be poked through. Does anybody have photos of this? Is it behind my TMIC? I'm open to other ideas on where to run this too.

The second one will be for auxiliary reverse lights. I hear there is a grommet in the spare tire well that I plan to use. I then plan to run it along the drivers side kick panel. Whats the best way to pull those panels up? or pull the carpet back? From there I'll have to get it into the engine bay since it will be hooked to the battery.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

:Banane35:

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
653 Posts
Well for the rear you can run it through the grommets along the top of the rear hatch and into the interior of the roof and then down either side to wherever. Their are places to poke through the firewall in the front but I'll let others with specific knowledge talk about those.

·
Registered
2015 Premium 2.5i CVT
6 Posts
Fire wall grommet is a large black diamond shape just left of the brake booster going from engine side. It is just above your accelerator pedal inside the cabin. I don't have the pictures loaded. Installed a CB on mine used this grommet, worked like a charm.

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT Premium
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fire wall grommet is a large black diamond shape just left of the brake booster going from engine side. It is just above your accelerator pedal inside the cabin. I don't have the pictures loaded. Installed a CB on mine used this grommet, worked like a charm.
Thanks! I'll check it out. I feel that might be behind the intercooler, but ill check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts