Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a small 2-channel 50 watt RMS amp recently, and I'm trying to figure out where I can install it. I'm thinking either under the driver/passenger seat, or...? Any ideas/links/photos would be much appreciated. Thanks..

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
I picked up a small 2-channel 50 watt RMS amp recently, and I'm trying to figure out where I can install it. I'm thinking either under the driver/passenger seat, or...? Any ideas/links/photos would be much appreciated. Thanks..
I bolted mine to the top of the roof between the roof rack.. Lot's of room up there and I use plastic bags I get from grocery stores to cover it in the winter and such. Totally out of the way...

JUST KIDDIN!!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
My installation was for a Kenwood KSC-SW10 subwoofer, but it may give you an idea on how to mount your amp. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2007 Forester
92 Posts
If it's small enough and you really want it hidden away and are using it for the front speakers you might be able to put it up under the dash somewhere. I've never done this, but I've seen some folks mount various accessories and hardware under the dash and out of sight.

·
Registered
2009 forester
79 Posts
Not sure what year you're driving, but at least in the '09 models they have an underfloor storage area where you could mount and amp or amps. Here's a pic of a recent install i did. It know it doesn't look neat and pretty but then I didn't stay with this arrangement. It's one option for you. Just place some double sided tape on the underside of the amp(s) and it will stay put. Once you put the floor piece back in you'll see none of it. Everything will be out of sight and out of mind. : )

Actually I can't seem to upload the pic absent a URL address. Sorry.

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,097 Posts
I managed to put my small amp behind the ash tray area in the console, I use it to run my sub that's in the OEM spot (for an XT)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts