Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day!

Need to replace front rotors and seem to be set on Brembo Slotted for my 04 Forester XS.

Suggestions on where to buy?

Suggestions on which pads to match with?

I live in upstate NY and drive on I84 to PA several times a week. So highway driving and lots of hills on the highway. PA local streets are loaded with hills and turns too.

I don't take the subie on the track.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
Waste of time and money to buy slotted rotors. increased dust and brake pad wear and for what, street driving?

If you want high quality rotors, pick up Centric or Stoptech. Same brand, just different business lines.

You can buy them and all of your brake needs at KNSBrakes.com

You can even go to your local autozone or napa for some $25 rotors too, that will last you some 50k miles of daily driving.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,128 Posts
+1 on not needing anything fancy rotor wise. If you've ever experienced fade a pad with better thermal capacity will make a huge difference. Initial bite will improve as well but you might have to accept a bit more dust and noise.

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Brembo blanks if you must buy Brembo

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
imo brembo blanks are a huge waste of money. They're about the same as the cheap parts store blanks. If you want a good blank, centric seems to be the way to go lately (especially for the price), also the centric are coated so won't rust with all the salt. (the brembo blanks don't have coated hats or edges so the nonswept surfaces can rust)

·
Registered
2011 Forester X AT
4,235 Posts
I've used importrp.com for brembo rotors on all my cars. Their blanks are a few bucks cheaper than other places and they offer free shipping above a certain amount. I would assume the slotted rotors are priced similarly.

My new blanks just arrived this week. They look fine.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Huh. I wish I knew about all this long time ago before I ordered brakediscs from a shop here in Norway. They where of the cheap sort that rust like alot and they aren't even cheap compared to this. :mob:

Edit: The Centrics rotors are even cheaper at Amazone.com. under 35$ a piece for the front premiums for the SF.

·
Registered
2001 EJ257 Hybrid S 5MT 5MT
1,931 Posts
I agree with everyone else. They're not really worth the extra $.

I'm running the brembo slotted's right now, and in the past year I haven't had any rust...yet.

But still, there's nothing special about them compared to the normal blanks when it comes to street driving. I just got them because I found a set for dirt cheap and free shipping. They do look nice on the car, but it's no biggey though.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
I'm using Brembo blanks at the moment.
They rusted like mad after the first car wash.
They don't perform any different than the generic stuff..
I got them cheap but if I did it again, I wouldn't mind getting cheapo ones and replacing them every 60k miles or so.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S
269 Posts
The Brembos on my wife's Fozzy have some gold colored finish and they are not rusting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts