Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for info on changing the timing belt and came across this thread.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/thought-about-timing-belt-stuff-75987/

Where do people get their timing belt parts/kits from over here? I recently bought some rear discs and pads from a vendor who was recommended on here and was disappointed to have to tidy up the pads with a file to get them to fit in the caliper.

I have bought so called "better value" items for other cars and found they rarely fit as they should, so I'd be interested to know if it's worth buying a timing belt kit from a 3rd party vendor or if I should get oem bits from a dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is one I'd seen and Import car parts do seem to be highly recommended, but I wondered if anyone had actually bought and fitted the kit without any issues.

Cheers

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
My 1998 T/tb had the full works at 90k--belts, tensioner, pulleys and water pump. Everything went on perfectly. Most came from Graham Goode in Leicester, who were very helpful and did a double check using the vin no' to be certain of the correct part, price was OK as well !

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
I Have a Ttb too.

it was tricky to find the right bits for an import, but Euro car parts eventually found the right parts for me (Belt, pulleys, water pump and tensioner).

i have all the part numbers if you need them.

Frazer

·
Registered
2003 2.0 X
14 Posts
Neil, I too had brake pads from Import Car Parts and had to tidy them up with a file to get them in the caliper, not ideal but it worked and after that I had no issues. Although having warped my second set of Import discs on the Legacy I now fit Brembos which are twice the price. In fairness I would not buy the cheaper brakes again. I have used Import for timing belt kits for both my Forester and Legacy including all the pulleys which I highly recommend you change as well whilst it is all apart. My mechanic who has worked on Subarus for years was impressed with the quality and value of the full timing belt kit. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts